Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #1

Default Hola from Orange County!

Hey guys,
So, how to write this and not make it sound like a job interview...
Basically, I went along with John AKA blackax in his CTS-V on the latest GMR ride and had a great time. I'm a newbie when it comes to cars and just got my license in October. I'm currently looking for something that can keep up with you guys on the road, but won't break the bank considering insurance for a 16 year old male is crazy expensive.

I can't wait to see some of those vids from the ride! I have a couple photos I'll post to the thread.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to put my name's Sean.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #2

Hi Sean. Clever screen name. You’re a brave soul riding with John. (just messin with you John, your burnout at the bottom was awesome)
Old 12-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Welcome aboard. As for recommendation, a pretty decent choice might be a Cobalt SS. Great handling car, fast enough to be fun, insurance is reasonable (I think), etc. In stock trim they're ho-hum looking, but decked out, I think they look pretty good.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Hi Sean. Clever screen name. You’re a brave soul riding with John. (just messin with you John, your burnout at the bottom was awesome)
If you think that was awesome, you should've seen what happened a couple minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Welcome aboard. As for recommendation, a pretty decent choice might be a Cobalt SS. Great handling car, fast enough to be fun, insurance is reasonable (I think), etc. In stock trim they're ho-hum looking, but decked out, I think they look pretty good.
An interesting choice, but usually the name of the game with insurance is the older the cheaper. I don't think the Cobalt has been around long enough to get those prices down.

I'm currently trying to convince the parents that $230 a month to insure a 94 Z28 is reasonable
Old 12-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #5

Welcome Sean

ah oh more Seans....
Old 12-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
. . . I'm currently trying to convince the parents that $230 a month to insure a 94 Z28 is reasonable
Mmm, Gen II camaro might be good. You can pick them up sorta cheap and they really are a great platform. You probably could get the insurance way down from there.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Mmm, Gen II camaro might be good. You can pick them up sorta cheap and they really are a great platform. You probably could get the insurance way down from there.
I'll keep an eye out, but the ones that show up on craigslist in my ~$4000 budget are usually beaten to holy hell. If anyone finds a good car in that range be sure to lemme know.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
too bad I still had stability control on
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 12-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #9

Welcome ! I agree, second gen Camaros are not that cheap. The " Cheap" ones are beat to hell. And every Bubba thinks it is worth it's weight in gold.
It is a good platform (for me anyway) but, the 4th gens handle and stop way better in stock form.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #10

I'm thinking a little fiero gt or a vw with a vr6 would be nice
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20