Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
When somebody says something nice about another platform, it's not a dis against the Fox.
I was responding to you foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki
it's a matter of the availability of parts at near zero cost, knowledge within the group, and driver type/skill that makes the Fox a pretty easy (hopefully correct) choice for this kind of endurance race
Mearly helping you feel confident in the reliability aspect
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I was responding to you foo

Mearly helping you feel confident in the reliability aspect

I didn't put up any fight against the the Fox. I know the 5.0 is reliable and the Fox can be made to work by randomly hitting it with a hammer. I think it's actually a good choice. The Miata would also be a good choice and it looks like it's commonly used. I'd be curious to know what the historical record for perfomrance wins at different tracks would be?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

I know many racing circuits have lots of fox participants mainly cause well, they are cheap and easy to work with.

My main issue with the miata is price, i cant find very many for cheap, and the rear end is a problematic piece with them.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #24
Fast & Filthy

One more thing you have to take into account with the car choice is that I'm 6'4" and Phil is 6'5". Would we even be able to drive a Miata? I know that I won't be able to drive RxSnake because my head is at the roof without a helmet on.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm 6'2", so im not exactly short(unless standing next to Ron), i know the miata is a tight squeeze for me.

Stopping the world!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #26

Quote:
The fox is a great platform, the 5.0 is dead reliable, i put 100 miles on my engine getting home with no coolant, 2 cracked head, broken piston ring, cracked piston, and a puked rear main seal.
I am fine with the 5.0 it should be fine, though I am not sure that this list of things wrong with is supports your argument... (tongue and cheek)

Quote:
One more thing you have to take into account with the car choice is that I'm 6'4" and Phil is 6'5". Would we even be able to drive a Miata? I know that I won't be able to drive RxSnake because my head is at the roof without a helmet on.
With the stock seat my slender 6'3" is about the limit. With an aftermarket seat and steering wheel, there is a bit more room to be had. Another problem is seat selection. There are very few seats that fit the Miata and most are rather narrow, which would limit us to drivers with rather narrow frames. It sounds like I am already talking myself out of any Miata ideas for this project.

Quote:
My main issue with the miata is price, i cant find very many for cheap, and the rear end is a problematic piece with them.
It appears that you are right. While a good running, but terrible looking Miata can be had for $200-300, they are few and far between. Ironically their reputation as one of the best budget race cars has made them more expensive...

All praise that mighty Fox!

Do we know yet what city we are going to be building in? It is by no means a deal breaker for me if I am going to have to drive, but it may limit my ability to get there very often.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #27
pain's fun, hit me again

Most likey blackax's or my shop, both of us have welders and i have shit loads of specialty tools, im sure he does as well

Stopping the world!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #28
Fast & Filthy

When we're ready to do the cage Phil and I will pick it up and take it to our buddy Joe's. We'll take care of building the cage and then bring it back to whoever is storing it.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #29

Here is the FB Page photo album from last year at Lemons Arse-Freeze-Apalosa
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...23.36766739494

2010 winner

2009 winner

Old 10-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Clearly we're going to need a wing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)