Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default So, anyone have a hook up on paint?

Eventually I want to get my two-tone (or three-tone) Cobra all painted one solid color. Anyone have a hookup on paint and want to hook a brother up, LOL Perhaps some kind of cash under the table kind of thing Maybe Vettezuki, BGN8711, and I can all get ours painted at the same time - group discount I know one thing - never to go Autobahn in Costa Mesa for anything. I still can't believe what a terrible job they did
Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Eventually I want to get my two-tone (or three-tone) Cobra all painted one solid color. Anyone have a hookup on paint and want to hook a brother up, LOL Perhaps some kind of cash under the table kind of thing Maybe Vettezuki, BGN8711, and I can all get ours painted at the same time - group discount I know one thing - never to go Autobahn in Costa Mesa for anything. I still can't believe what a terrible job they did

Adam's friend's dad does paint. J&D Corvette (who'll work on anything) does quite good work, but not cheap. Maybe we could just have enkei do it, he's pretty good.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

I'm eager to see how Adam's car turns out. If it's all good, I may beg his friend's dad to do mine at some point. Maybe a cash under the table type deal
Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Adam, when are you getting your car painted by the way? Did you decide on a color yet?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:59 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Nope! Still going back and forth between graphite and black.

I installed the supercharger tonight, going to set the timing tomorrow. It feels like it wants too much timing to idle right, but I might have screwed up the idle mixture with the higher ratio rockers.

Anyways, if all is well tomorrow with the timing, and I suspect it will be, I'll continue the sanding process tomorrow. Should only take a few weeks to get it all sanded and the body work done, knock on wood!

BTW Sean, I think you're waaay to picky to be satisfied with the work that my Dad's friend would be doing. He is a professional painter but he doesn't have a booth, or much experience matching automotive colors. He's only sprayed entire cars before as far as I know. If you wanted him to respray that panel of yours, I doubt he'd be able to match the color PERFECTLY. And without a booth, the car is always subject to getting some dirt in the paint here and there. I'll ask him though if you want me to, either way, wait till you see if you're satisfied with my paint job.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

I installed the supercharger tonight, going to set the timing tomorrow. It feels like it wants too much timing to idle right, but I might have screwed up the idle mixture with the higher ratio rockers.

Anyways, if all is well tomorrow with the timing, and I suspect it will be, I'll continue the sanding process tomorrow. Should only take a few weeks to get it all sanded and the body work done, knock on wood!
Gloss Black. Just deal with it. It's slammed and when it's polished, you'll have one of the most bad ass C3s in the world. Stop dick'n around.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

BTW Sean, I think you're waaay to picky to be satisfied with the work that my Dad's friend would be doing. He is a professional painter but he doesn't have a booth, or much experience matching automotive colors. He's only sprayed entire cars before as far as I know. If you wanted him to respray that panel of yours, I doubt he'd be able to match the color PERFECTLY. And without a booth, the car is always subject to getting some dirt in the paint here and there. I'll ask him though if you want me to, either way, wait till you see if you're satisfied with my paint job.

I'll just have him reshoot the whole car then I am picky, I admit, but the job that was done was mediocre at best...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

So it turns out 03SonicSVT can paint and judging by past work is damn good at it. I smell a repaint in my car's future at some point so that it's all one color
Old 10-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
So it turns out 03SonicSVT can paint and judging by past work is damn good at it. I smell a repaint in my car's future at some point so that it's all one color
If you can wait til next spring/summer, I'll go in with you at the same time. Maybe we can get a discount on paint since we're both basically arctic white. My paint is starting to bother me.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If you can wait til next spring/summer, I'll go in with you at the same time. Maybe we can get a discount on paint since we're both basically arctic white. My paint is starting to bother me.
I think I'm going to go with the Oxford White that the car is now (slightly different) and it's not something I'll probably do for a couple years anyway. Having said that, Aaron indicated even like the best paint would run less than $500. Brian will probably paint during summer of 09 though and I think your cars are almost identical in color