Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #2671
I, Vettezuki

Oh. Drivetrain is different than valvetrain . . . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #2672
Graphics B*tch

So a co-worker has a hook-up on Toyo tires and the Mach was in dire need of some new shoes so I got a set of Proxes 4plus from him for a great deal. His buddy owns a shop in Garden Grove (Rim and Tire Center) and said to take them over there and he would mount them for $15 each. That was a good deal so I went over there after work a little over a week ago now After a couple of failed attempts the owner said he could not mount the rears due to a poor rim design. He said there was no recessed area on the inside of the rim to fit the tire into to make it easier to get the tire on and off the rim. He said he did not want to risk scratching them. I had him do the fronts which we no big deal and thought I would just take them to Firestone the next day and have them do it. I paid, hopped in the car and went home. The next morning I went to Firestone and looked at the rim that the shop the night before had tried to mount my tire to and noticed a few pretty good scratches on it. The shop had scratched my rim anyway. I called the shop later that day and the owner was not there so they took my name and contact info down. After almost a week of no call back I called again and spoke with the owner. He said the rim came in without a scratch and left without a scratch and that he could not account for what happened to the rim after it left his shop. He said I should have said something about it before I left his shop. After going back a forth for a while it was evident he was not going to fix his mistake. As a result I got a scratched rim for christmas! Note to self, always check the shop's work before leaving.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #2673
I, Vettezuki

Ouch.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #2674
pain's fun, hit me again

That is the exact reason why my next tool purchase will be a tire mount machine and balancer. Now that we removed that asshole of a partner from the shop, I can finally have nice goodies and install the lift too.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 12-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #2675
pain's fun, hit me again

Well, fingers crossed but that might happen sooner than I thought. There's an auto shop liquidating its heavy equipment for a retarded price with the catch of complete removal. Which is not really a big deal
Eagle 2 Post 9klb Auto lift
Eagle 4 post 12klb auto lift
Eagle 280gal compressor
Eagle tire mount and balancer all for 2k. Hopefully everything is still there and I can have a good christmas for once.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 12-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #2676
I, Vettezuki

That's awesome guy. Total liquidation sales can be a really great way to tool up for a fraction of the cost of buying new.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #2677
pain's fun, hit me again

Sensei did it, and that's how I got mine, I'd love to get two lifts capable of lifting the truck and cars, then he could keep the other one too.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #2678
Fast & Filthy

Looks good.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:46 AM   #2679
I, Vettezuki

Someone beat me to an offer on the big property in Lake Matthews. Ah well. One thing I've learned is if you want to keep building your life is that you have to stay focused on primary targets and not get too distracted by wants. On the upside things have, after years of getting kicked around, turned up a bit for cash, so I'm starting to have at least a little dough. I don't even think twice about ordering guacamole anymore.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #2680
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm seriously considering relocating to either Arizona or Texas, I want to purchase some property soon and I'm not sure I want to commit to California anymore. Arizona and Texas highway patrol are both hiring and offer similar pay to CA with 1/4 of the living costs.

Stopping the world!