Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
You mean like telling a lawyer you're happy they exist?

Da da tsh.

People joke, but when your little girl gets raped and murdered its not the cop who prosecutes the rapist and puts him behind bars. Its an attorney who is staying up till 2 am in the office on a Saturday working his or her ass off for you.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The winning side. That's the side I'm on. Booom. Like a boss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Yep. I did not require a lawyer for 58 years, then I needed one twice in 2 months.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
Internet Tough Guy

Bill the client and make it clear to him that he wasted your time and his money.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Bill the client and make it clear to him that he wasted your time and his money.
Not quite a winning strategy for longevity.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
Internet Tough Guy

You entitled to your opinion. In my 17 years of work history I have found that being upfront with dishonest people is the most effective way to stop that behavior. If I had issue on a project that I was managing for a client (engineer not a lawyer) I would make it very clear that his / her behavior resulted in added risk. Bottom line if he looses the case the client will blame Clint and not take responsibility. My $.02.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #16

Default Why not to lie to your attorney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
You entitled to your opinion. In my 17 years of work history I have found that being upfront with dishonest people is the most effective way to stop that behavior. If I had issue on a project that I was managing for a client (engineer not a lawyer) I would make it very clear that his / her behavior resulted in added risk. Bottom line if he looses the case the client will blame Clint and not take responsibility. My $.02.

Why is it always a dick measuring contest with you? I don't need your credentials to validate what you are saying Carlos. I don't seek to devalue anyone and everyone so don't worry about proving yourself to me. I respect your opinion for what it is, and experience where applicable.

That said, I don't disagree being honest is the best policy. I just don't presume to know how beneficial this client is to his firm and always proceed with caution. Sometimes, actually most of the time, telling the client they were essentially "wrong" in any facet doesn't play out well for longevity. Maybe, just maybe it doesn't matter much to his firm and that's the best approach, I don't know.

Just be cautious is all Clunt

Old 09-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Super Moderator

My name is Clint.

You both make good points, I prefer a hybrid approach. Let someone know they messed up without accusing and still being friendly. Best of both.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
My name is Clint.

You both make good points, I prefer a hybrid approach. Let someone know they messed up without accusing and still being friendly. Best of both.
My bad, no clue how that autocorrected.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
My name is Clint.

Totally different field. But we've actually "fired" customers who were perpetually problematic. We're now implementing a CRM (Customer Relationship Management software) to better journal and track discussions, etc. I prefer documented conversations. They help shutdown problems with inventive memories.

I might post about it elsewhere, but there is this form of communication that's pretty interesting, sort of getting into it. It's called NVC (Non-violent communication). It basically focuses on de-escalating conflict and focusing on trying to gain a mutual understanding of needs, rather than the usual ratcheting up of accusations. It's not easy, and may not always work with someone who is pathological, or just plain hell bent on being an asshole, but I think there's a lot to recommend it.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

Totally different field. But we've actually "fired" customers who were perpetually problematic. We're now implementing a CRM (Customer Relationship Management software) to better journal and track discussions, etc. I prefer documented conversations. They help shutdown problems with inventive memories.

I might post about it elsewhere, but there is this form of communication that's pretty interesting, sort of getting into it. It's called NVC (Non-violent communication). It basically focuses on de-escalating conflict and focusing on trying to gain a mutual understanding of needs, rather than the usual ratcheting up of accusations. It's not easy, and may not always work with someone who is pathological, or just plain hell bent on being an asshole, but I think there's a lot to recommend it.
We had to do a ton of that type of training for the studio, It works, well. However, i'd rather be an asshole.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!