Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

I dunno i've seen quite a few different forum threads on the subject where 3 tracks samples are prepared at 192 256 320 kb/s and lossless. The users always put down 192 as the lowest quality, however after that it is more or less different for everyone. I don't think that most of us could tell the difference between 320/VBR and lossless. Maybe the guys on there are just old, but I couldn't tell the difference.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #12
A Motorgen O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonage6591 View Post
I think that FLACs can tend to be a little overkill. Once you get into the 320 kb/s or VBR area of mp3's the differences are inaudible. Yes I know there is less data in the file, however when it truly comes down to the human ear cannot detect the difference especially given the listening environments most of us listen to our music in.
I have the hard drive space, the connection and the means to get them in .flac, so I download flacs. It's nice when I do editing projects or cut music for my girl friend's dance teams. I can definitely tell a difference on a PA system between and mp3 and lossless.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

I'm having this exact problem right now. I have a Rhapsody subscription. I like it for its convenience and legality, but the encoding is really sub-par. I might bail. Or I'll keep it to maintain the facade of legality and download the lossless versions. Or do you know of a subscription service that offers at least higher-quality encoding. Rhapsody particularly sucks with the classics, can't even listen to Hendrix.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
I have the hard drive space, the connection and the means to get them in .flac, so I download flacs. It's nice when I do editing projects or cut music for my girl friend's dance teams. I can definitely tell a difference on a PA system between and mp3 and lossless.
Where do you get all your stuff in .flac?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
I have the hard drive space
How much are you up to now?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithc View Post
How much are you up to now?
its amazing how cheap storage has become, 1 TB for less than $200
Old 05-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #17

Yeah, I have a 1 TB external hard drive that works great. I just know Steve downloads stuff like mad and I'm wondering how many TB he has now...5?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #18
A Motorgen O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithc View Post
Yeah, I have a 1 TB external hard drive that works great. I just know Steve downloads stuff like mad and I'm wondering how many TB he has now...5?
I have 1.2tb on my computer but the .2 is a redundant partition for important stuff. I also have another 400gb on the network that I share for my roommate to watch movies and what not.

At this point, I have 56gb in mp3s and about 250gb in flac.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #19

Well i ordered them and they came today. Very comfortable. Definitely do not disappoint, very nice warm clean sound. Highs aren't too harsh at all, no real eq-ing however low end extension could be a little flatter and the frequency response has a peak and dip here and there but overall definitely well worth the money.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonage6591 View Post
Well i ordered them and they came today. Very comfortable. Definitely do not disappoint, very nice warm clean sound. Highs aren't too harsh at all, no real eq-ing however low end extension could be a little flatter and the frequency response has a peak and dip here and there but overall definitely well worth the money.

What arrived? Nice review . . . talk about left handed compliments.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)