Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Whittier, California!
Damn that was my second guess, really it was
Old 09-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
. . . If you want something a little more crazy get your self a 1GZ-FE, 5.0 V12
Now I'm intrigued. The BMW V12 out of an older 850ci is too much of a PITA (even for me). The BMW V10 out of a modern M5 would by awesome, but simply way too expensive. I didn't know about these motors. Are they available in the States? Are there good parts interchanges (cams, heads, etc.)?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Wow, I didn't expect these to be that cheap.

Merc V12 out of a CL600.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Now I'm intrigued. The BMW V12 out of an older 850ci is too much of a PITA (even for me). The BMW V10 out of a modern M5 would by awesome, but simply way too expensive. I didn't know about these motors. Are they available in the States? Are there good parts interchanges (cams, heads, etc.)?
Your better off with BMW's V12 or Audi's than you are Toyota's. The 1GZ-FE is the unknown. Only car I know of with such a swap is the Supra.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #35
I, Vettezuki

[quote=BRIAN;32613]Your better off with BMW's V12 or Audi's than you are Toyota's. The 1GZ-FE is the unknown. Only car I know of with such a swap is the Supra./QUOTE]

Yeah, I just watched that and another video in Japanese and they flat out said there are no tuning parts, everything has to be pretty much fabricated or made from scratch. DOA.

The BMW V12 is just a pair of 6s glued together with TWO separate ignition, harness, and computers. No thanks.

Maybe the Merc V12. Which Audi motor are you talking about? Of course an SBC will work great from and object/practical POV, but it doesn't have any wow factor at all.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #36

Forget that I mentioned Audi, I just really like the R8 and remember it also has a V12

I don't know of many V12 powered cars at affordable prices, older cars like the Jaguar XJS and BMW 8 series are the only ones worth mentioning.

AHHHH screw it go 2JZ and woop some V12's

This guy did
Old 09-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
Forget that I mentioned Audi, I just really like the R8 and remember it also has a V12

I don't know of many V12 powered cars at affordable prices, older cars like the Jaguar XJS and BMW 8 series are the only ones worth mentioning.

AHHHH screw it go 2JZ and woop some V12's

. . .
Yeah, cheap and exotic don't go together too well. That Audi motor is a Lambo motor.

I'll definitely do something at some point with a 2JZGTE, just gotta do it. In the meantime, gotta finish RX-Snake.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There's only one way to go, the fun way.

Actually a peripheral port 20BT (turbo 3 rotor) would be galdarned hoot in a 240z.
You sob, you had this idea 10 days before I did.

Well sort of, a 20B in an old American car, now that will gather the masses.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #39
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You sob, you had this idea 10 days before I did.

Well sort of, a 20B in an old American car, now that will gather the masses.
Yah, for a hanging.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #40
Super Moderator

This is where the 20B comes from btw: