Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default Ninja 650R VS. Cobra

So for the past few weeks, ok months, a friend here at work and I have been talking out his bike and our cobra. Then after the whole drama of getting the pulleys on and what they added he wanted to see what it could do next to a bike (lightweight, quick, normally something you don't mess with).

So yesterday I was given the chance to take the cobra to work. So at lunch we headed off to Rolling Hills and away we went.

The first pass I caught him off guard b/c there was a vehicle was infront of me but later pulled over so I took to opportunity to gun it. I got through first, then second, and I got trigger happy and missed third. Ug....but once I got it in, it went flying. So we get to the end of the street, and I find out what happened. He had no clue I was going....lol, whoops, but he did mention that he had it pinned the entire time and couldn't keep up.

So we looped around, cross over Placentia Ave. line it up, look at each other and POW! We're off again....this time he's really close to the car, and I start getting squirly so I let out to make sure I wasn't going to take him out, but once he got infront of me, I had it nailed, and I have plenty more to give but I had to let up as he was directly infront of me and I didn't want to rear end him.

When we got to the next light, he mentions that anything past 50, there isn't much to give on the bike.

It was a fun lunch time adventure and my first "so called" race.

So then after work I had to take the same route home and I wanted to make sure I knew how to get through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th. Well I did all perfect, and finished at about 105-110. I was floating so I slammed on the brakes before I hit the intersection.

Now I have a bug to go down the 1/4 strip and practice. Hmmmm....speedway? Any takers on what my time might be? 16's JK
Old 07-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Study Launch Tips and Improving Shifting
http://www.rangeracceleration.com/

That's probably an older Ninja. A pullied Cobra would have a hard time with a modern 600 (e.g., R6), forget about the liter bikes, and the big bikes are in a different world:

Busa vs. ZX-14

These are BONE STOCK!

As for your time at the strip. . . I'm sure it'd be better than you know who.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Old 07-15-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

Looks composited to me. Also, does seem like 200+mph. CorruptCulture, do your NSA thing and analyze the rate the median stripes are going by, and see if you can find the road on Google Maps. Ok, just kidding about that last one.

FWIW, I was for a little ride in Sean's pullied Cobra and stand corrected. It probably could run heads up and even pull a 600, especially after about 60mph, where the smaller bike is going to lie down a little bit.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
A Motorgen O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Looks composited to me. Also, does seem like 200+mph. CorruptCulture, do your NSA thing and analyze the rate the median stripes are going by, and see if you can find the road on Google Maps. Ok, just kidding about that last one.

FWIW, I was for a little ride in Sean's pullied Cobra and stand corrected. It probably could run heads up and even pull a 600, especially after about 60mph, where the smaller bike is going to lie down a little bit.
I donno man, looks legit to me. Anything is possible to fake though.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #6

i doubt very highly a pullied cobra can pull a new 600. Not with a competent rider. I will, however, grant that a good many riders arent that good, and there seems to be a very big gap between a good rider and a...less skilled one.

*new 600s run high 10s, pullied street cobras arent there, while i realize a bike wont pull high 10s on the street, pullied cobras dont pull low 11s there either :P - on some sort of top speed run, i.e. freeway roll? maybe.*