Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default 1988 Mustang GT "Max" Project freebox

...Nah, this one compliments the other one, its not perfect but the price of free(well no out of pocket, just labor) means I can't say no to it, its obviois the pictures are very dark, but I got home late, I'll take better pictures in the upcoming days so for now these will do.

How does it compliment each other you ask? As my 87 gets modded any and all parts removed will be installed onto this car. So far I have about 80% of the parts I need since I started packratting fox parts. I have a complete running engine and transmission, most of the 5 lug disc swap stuff, rest of the interior, seats, and various other nic nacs. All is left is to get some new bumper covers and paint supplies and get to shining this bitch up.

Edited the title for new members and i'll be putting the mod list in the first post to entice readers.
308 shortblock with trw forged pistons and 1/2" hardware, studs ya know
Chromoly pushrods
1.72 ford motorsport rockers
Ford aluminum SVO heads extensively worked
Custom grind ACC cam .544/.544 218/218 114*
Mac smog legal shorties
Edelbrock RPM 5.0 ported to match work on heads
70mm TB and EGR spacer
Custom powdercoating
All factory accessories including heat and a/c
Vortech si-trim with 3.33 upper and 8" lower with maxflow bypass and vortech aftercooler
Custom fabbed gt500 heat exchanger with fans
Tremec TKO
Hardened 31sp axles with termi rebuilt traction lok and arp wheel studs
complete cobra braking system and 5 lug swap
Maximum motorsports weight jacker control arms
Maximum motorsports panhard bar
Eibach reds and kyb shocks and struts
Gt500 seats with custom matched black interior
Lots more stuff just not worth typing out. I will update the list as i remember things.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 05-29-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Nice. Is this going to be for your girlfriend?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
pain's fun, hit me again

Yes, she is quite excited.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Yes, she is quite excited.
Have her driving skills improved since "the incident."

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Yeah, that's the premise behind this car, something she can learn to drive with a relativly low concern level about ruining. Its just a fox and there are millions of them. Better than wrecking one of the nice cars and something she can learn to wrench on, with my supervision of course.

Stopping the world!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Vanessa took some pics todays, never mind me cracking my knees

Stopping the world!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
Fast & Filthy

Obviously it was either going to be or was a drag car. Is the suspension still stock or did they set it up for the strip already?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

I don't know what he was going to do, I have my doubts the cage will pass tech. Its mounted further back than other stang cages. Suspension is so so, has eibach reds, probably sportlines and new looking kyb's other than that its stock, however I am getting all the 5 lug stuff along with it

Stopping the world!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
Fast & Filthy

For NHRA your helmet can be a maximum of 6 inches from the main hoop but I don't think they ever verify that. I know when I run at the Street Legals they have never had me sit in the car to check the distance.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Yeah I know, still this will be her car, and as sad as it is, they give her shit for everything. Women are not intended to go far in male sports, ask me how I know.

Stopping the world!