Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #61
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Ron, that rollbar is looking fantastic!!! The pan I picked up is a double sump, but I didn't get a pickup. The current pickup on the engine will not work with this pan.
Thanks Joe. No worries about the pickup Summit carries them for around $40. Do you know what year Mustang the pan came off of?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Thanks Joe. No worries about the pickup Summit carries them for around $40. Do you know what year Mustang the pan came off of?
I think it was an 87 or 88.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #63
Fast & Filthy

The roll bar is finnished! Here are some pictures of the last door bar being made and installed as well as what it looks like completed. You can see how tight it was fitting the door bar by the seat. I took it in as close to the door as possible but I had to leave enough room for me to weld the plate in as well as room for the wire harness. I still need to clean it up and then primer it.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #64
I, Vettezuki

That is fantastic Ron. I'm trying to get the K member and mounts this week. Adam and I still plan on coming this Saturday and can plan to stay and help for a while if you'd like some help with bar cleanup and priming.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #65
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
The roll bar is finnished! Here are some pictures of the last door bar being made and installed as well as what it looks like completed. You can see how tight it was fitting the door bar by the seat. I took it in as close to the door as possible but I had to leave enough room for me to weld the plate in as well as room for the wire harness. I still need to clean it up and then primer it.

Ron, it looks INCREDIBLE. Excellent work

I'm excited to see it in person

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #66
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That is fantastic Ron. I'm trying to get the K member and mounts this week. Adam and I still plan on coming this Saturday and can plan to stay and help for a while if you'd like some help with bar cleanup and priming.
It's suppose to rain Saturday and my daughters have a birthday party at 1:30pm so I won't be able to work on it this Saturday. Are you still going to the Long Beach hot rod swap meet? If so, I could meet up with you there and pick up the parts. I need the cross members, oil pan and transmission now.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #67
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Ron, it looks INCREDIBLE. Excellent work

I'm excited to see it in person

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.
Your welcome. Just remember though that I'm not a professional fabricator or welder so it's not perfect looking. I'm even a little upset from todays work because I mismeasured for the passenger side door bar. No one will probably notice but the passenger side is 1/4 inch lower than the drivers side where I welded it to the main hoop. Like I said no one will notice but these are the little things that drive me nuts.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #68
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Your welcome. Just remember though that I'm not a professional fabricator or welder so it's not perfect looking. I'm even a little upset from todays work because I mismeasured for the passenger side door bar. No one will probably notice but the passenger side is 1/4 inch lower than the drivers side where I welded it to the main hoop. Like I said no one will notice but these are the little things that drive me nuts.
This project is about having fun, learning, and building skills. It looks safe and that's the main point. We can make it pretty.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #69
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
It's suppose to rain Saturday and my daughters have a birthday party at 1:30pm so I won't be able to work on it this Saturday. Are you still going to the Long Beach hot rod swap meet? If so, I could meet up with you there and pick up the parts. I need the cross members, oil pan and transmission now.
Yes. I'll be going to the swap meet. Joe will be there as well. We can meet up there.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #70
Super Moderator

You guys are amazing. Remind me to bow next time I see you. Now scuff up that pretty metal and spray some primer before it rusts to shit. I won't count removing rust in tight impossible spots to be part of the body work. Especially when it's easily avoidable. Scuff it & spray it! Like yesterday!