Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

I think it's more like that scene in Lord of War. The money from the "legal" guns sales goes directly to them, meaning more to spend sooner.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I think it's more like that scene in Lord of War. The money from the "legal" guns sales goes directly to them, meaning more to spend sooner.
It's a fair point and may even be a way of concealing how much the government is spending on arms a tiny bit. But damn, it seems they made quite good pieces for quite little money.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's kind of a silly reason because if you buy anything Made In China (and there are couple things made there) it funds the PRC and therefore their police, and their military, just like when you buy stuff from any country. Their ruling mafias (a.k.a., governments) make sure they get a taste.
You Know it !
1974 DeTomaso Pantera (300 hp)
2007 Parnelli Jones saleen (425 hp)
2008 GT500 (650 hp)
2006 Mustang GT (360 hp)
1967 GT500 clone (500 hp)
1987 2.3 16 Cosworth Mercedes (190hp)
1976 Turbo Cosworth Vega (300hp)
Old 06-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #24
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's a fair point and may even be a way of concealing how much the government is spending on arms a tiny bit. But damn, it seems they made quite good pieces for quite little money.
I'm sure they made quite a bit of money at .10c a day in labor.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #25

Hey, Shaolin, I might be talked into parting with my Wilson Combat Classic Super Grade for $5K. Oops, my bad, you posted 500, not 5K.
Anybody here shoot or membership at Huntington Beach Firing Line off of Talbert & Beach?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Hey, Shaolin, I might be talked into parting with my Wilson Combat Classic Super Grade for $5K. Oops, my bad, you posted 500, not 5K.
Anybody here shoot or membership at Huntington Beach Firing Line off of Talbert & Beach?
I think GTTS>Some shoots there every Saturday or something like that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangray View Post
for the price I say look for the used Norinco when they were available new I had nothing but good luck with them they are completely iterchangable with the Colt the only differance between the two is the Norinco is completely hardened where as the Colt isn't it also has a stainless steel match barrel.
In the old day (when I still had an FFL) I use to sell a ton of them with no complaints every one loved them . As for caliber .45 is the best indoor close combat round you are going to find (great wound ballistics) but if you want a .40 try looking at a 10mm Delta Elite I really liked it
I have a 1911 Colt Delta Elite Gov. issue chambered in 10mm. I love that thing but its expensive as hell to shoot. I am probably going to get it chambered for .22 or .40cal soon. .22 is cheap and .40 is what we use at work so its freeeeeeeeee haha. I'm ready for the zombie invasion.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Gary, I think you're getting me and Ben confused, I already have my well equipped 1911. as much as i'd like a super grade they're too much money for my taste.

Stopping the world!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #29

I was only kidding, Shaolin, but I did not know that you already had a well equipped .45 auto. As much as I love my Wilson Combat Classic SG, I think that the Ed Brown Executive Target at about $3k Republik of Kalifornication price might be a better deal. I love that one too.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #30
pain's fun, hit me again

I do, it started out as a simple milspec that i installed a match barrel, did my own trigger work with billet short pull adjustable trigger, 2 piece stainless match guide rod with 10lb main spring,. I still have my parkerized lightweight skeleton hammer and dove tail to insall. Shoots quickly and has very low recoil when usues low grain loads. Trigger pull is about 5lbs and pull length 1/8", takes some getting used to but it performs for what I use it for.

Stopping the world!