Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #461

And here is proof of a SECOND mod in DB's pocket:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...-aka-matt.html

"Guys, Matt is taking care of the problem. He will be posting again soon."

That was made by moderator Crossram just before he locked the thread. He is obviously living in Fantasyland, as DB hasn't made one move to "take care of the problem". Hell, DB is trying to turn things around and say that Red received the heads and is trying to rip him off!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
And here is proof of a SECOND mod in DB's pocket:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...-aka-matt.html

"Guys, Matt is taking care of the problem. He will be posting again soon."

That was made by moderator Crossram just before he locked the thread. He is obviously living in Fantasyland, as DB hasn't made one move to "take care of the problem". Hell, DB is trying to turn things around and say that Red received the heads and is trying to rip him off!!!
You're damn right that's PROOF enough for me! I either was unaware of his debt to red69 or I didn't recall it. Have y'all noted in the above locked thread how I asked very nicely about DB ... and that nobody else got out of line either ... then this "crossram" mod locks it .. I don't know him ... I don't get in trouble at CF either ... never been banned opr time out ... but that mod's action is BS ... he needs to be furloughed ... better yet, keelhauled & discharged!

I've corrected DB on his errant advice a time or two ... I doubt I ever got into namecalling ... but there's been probably a hundred times I've winced at his goofy advice ... then wince again when I read he posts an even goofier question ... and that continues ad naseum. After I started the above CF thread, someone emailed me & directed me to this MG thread. I read this entire ~ 46 page saga ... WHEW! Then I see here at MG that CF locked my thread at CF. I went to it & read & verified. I registered here & I reply here.

I notice red69 asked DB to just send him DB's heads regardless off steamer hole etc... I don't see DB offer to comply.

This bar brawl subforum seems a good place ... I'm not fond of argue/fight/bitch but there needs to be a place to say what they clearly quash at CF ... and it's quite true about CF having too many posts/advice by those who don't know seem to know squat.

I am curious, about the "aluminum vortec" heads that DB contracted to supply ... are they modded GM LT1/LT4 reverse cool heads ... or are they aftermarket ?

Best advice for DB was posted WAY earlier by someone in this thread: STFU & Pay The Man ... and do it yesterday! And CF has really pissed in my flakes for locking my thread that CLEARLY was mild & bland. Oh, me thinks "crossram" mod should have sent me an email with his brief explanation & reasoning for locking my mild thread where nobody misbehaved.

As for the roller lifter conversion issue ... I had a "small" role in it. I had already gained a fair amount of knowledge of the process ... then I heard of the instructions for sale ... then DB offered copies for free ... I asked for them & I got them. They really didn't tell me anything I hadn't already learned but they were well-organized. I dunno if they're copyrighted or not ... but in retrospect, I was wrong to ask for & wrong to accept them. I apologize. The conversion is an interesting option; but I've gone no further than acquiring some parts.

You know, I RARELY ask a question on CF except to help me understand an OPs original Q ... VAST majority of what I post is reasonable advice on repair/rebuild/mild performance to sbc. In other words, I gain about diddly squat zero from being at CF ... except some entertainment & a bit more feelgood from trying to help someone. I've been at CF for about 7 years... & after helping more than a few folks ... they lock up a damn benign thread of mine? I just dunno? ... maybe I don't help much at all. Oh well wtf.

I don't know red69 & I don't know DB & I don't know crossram

Regardless ... DB/Matt you'd better pay red69.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #463

have you sent crossram a PM asking why your thread was locked? you might try that, I might also ask if you were interested in where he was why wouldn`t you go directly to the source and send him a PM?.....we all have and have had the same frustrations with db and the CF mods who seem to lock and sanitize threads where he has stepped in shit while they all claim they are not protecting him...have you noticed very few of the original C-3 group still there posting? members from say 1999-2000? probably not they are all at VM or posting here.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #464

jackson: If you do contact a mod, be VERY careful about how you word things. Questioning a mod's DECISION is a quick way to get banned. And the CF mods don't hesitate to ban anyone who asks a question related to DB. We know that Crossram and Pewter99 are both in DB's corner. There are certainly others. Try and be as "respectful" as possible, even if you think the mod is a complete putz.

Dep

Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #465

Good to see you here , Jackson. I too got tired of the playground over at CF a few years ago and haven't posted since. Way too much dribble.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #466

Good to see you here Jackson

Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvetracr View Post
have you sent crossram a PM asking why your thread was locked? you might try that, I might also ask if you were interested in where he was why wouldn`t you go directly to the source and send him a PM?.....we all have and have had the same frustrations with db and the CF mods who seem to lock and sanitize threads where he has stepped in shit while they all claim they are not protecting him...have you noticed very few of the original C-3 group still there posting? members from say 1999-2000? probably not they are all at VM or posting here.
Thanks for the tip, but ... No I have not PM'd crossram ... I do not plan to ... he/she should have emailed me rather than me find an explanation elsewhere as why it's locked. I don't do IM/PM anyway but no email between crossram & me either. If the thread had been particularly abusive/derogatory I could agree it'd be locked ... but I cannot see any derogatory or abuse in it at all. I've had only a very few folks nick me personally with a remark at CF only maybe twice ... but it was far more than anything in the above (don't take much as there's nothing in the above locked CF thread) ... and I didn't whine to a mod ... I never got an apology and nobody locked the thread. Oh yes, I've noticed the absence of older names at CF ... much of its former knowledgebase gone ... and like a Madoff sure thing ... perhaps never to return.

Until I read this thread here at MG I was also unaware that many folks had complained to CF mods re: DB bad advice. Sanitizing all new too. But, I knew of the bad advice all too well.

I don't owe CF a thing and, for the most part, vice versa. However, me thinks crossram crossed the line and I should have gotten a brief or an apology or both from CF.

The following:
(1) the reports of CF sanitizing DB are so very numerous there's likely some substance there, and...
(2) DB continued/continues to field bad advice at CF and ...
(3) CF mod locked my thread above that was not abusive/derogatory ...

in my mind are adequate to indict CF management in the court of clowns.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate anyone referenced here; some may be jerks or thieves or fools ... I dunno? But I don't hate em. By the same token, since I didn't know him, I didn't hate Ted Bundy either ... but I hate what he did & I'm glad he can't do it again.

Perhaps my clicks/traffic/advice/time might be better spent somewhere other than CF? ... we'll see.

Thanks for the welcome y'all!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
Perhaps my clicks/traffic/advice/time might be better spent somewhere other than CF? ...
www.Motorgen.com
www.Adamfixedthelink.com

and for Vette specific stuff and lotsa fun:
www.VetteMOD.com
No credit check, no sign up fee, no bull.......

Last edited by mybad79 : 01-15-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Fixed the link :D

Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #469
Super Moderator

Sorry MyBad, couldn't resist.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #470

Hey, that's censorship