Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #61
I, Vettezuki

Ron (a.k.a. 94cobra69ss396) picked up the car for caging today. I had some time to continue stripping and cleaning before he picked up, so here's the status:

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #62
Fast & Filthy

Ben, I started the cage yesterday after I picked up the car. I went straight over to my buddy Joes house and we bent up the main hoop. I posted some pictures up under the cage thread.

Cage Thread
Old 01-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #63
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Ben, I started the cage yesterday after I picked up the car. I went straight over to my buddy Joes house and we bent up the main hoop. I posted some pictures up under the cage thread.

Cage Thread
I saw that. This project has some great momentum. Thank you and your buddy for all your hard work.

We'll make every effort to get a seat in there that will allow you 6'2"+ guys to drive.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #64
Fast & Filthy

Main hoop is installed. See cage thread for pictures.

Cage Thread
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #65
I, Vettezuki

Default Registration Class

I was at the DMV for something else today and asked about the show car registration. The closest thing they have is historical vehicle registration and we don't qualify. Must be 25 years or older and of historical interest, blah blah blah. As I mentioned earlier the custom built car reg won't work because it requires complete smog according to the engine, as well as CHP inspection. A BLower 302 won't fly.

So, unless someone can find me a link to the exact registration info necessarry, we'll be going non-op track only. Don't have to decide exactly yet. The only difference is in the final step of stripping all the harness and all the lights, etc., which we don't have to do yet.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #66
I, Vettezuki

Default Fabulous Fords Forever

Ok, not making any commitments here. I know I said there was no real pressure and I'd like to have the car done by July 4th, which seemed like a nice 6 month goal. Well, Fabulous Fords Forever is in April April 19th to be exact and while it doesn't have to be totally finished by then, maybe this is a good goal. Things are going pretty quickly so far and most decisions are falling naturally into place. What'cha all think?

The big presure here would be on Body and Paint, the rest of it I don't think there'd be all that much of a problem. enkeivette, I'm looking at you. How's school and work. Certainly we can make decisions that streamline the process and sidestep major time suckers, but is this even on the table for you as a possibility?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #67
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I was at the DMV for something else today and asked about the show car registration. The closest thing they have is historical vehicle registration and we don't qualify. Must be 25 years or older and of historical interest, blah blah blah. As I mentioned earlier the custom built car reg won't work because it requires complete smog according to the engine, as well as CHP inspection. A BLower 302 won't fly.

So, unless someone can find me a link to the exact registration info necessarry, we'll be going non-op track only. Don't have to decide exactly yet. The only difference is in the final step of stripping all the harness and all the lights, etc., which we don't have to do yet.
Ahem (Cough,cough). Told you so.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #68
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ok, not making any commitments here. I know I said there was no real pressure and I'd like to have the car done by July 4th, which seemed like a nice 6 month goal. Well, Fabulous Fords Forever is in April April 19th to be exact and while it doesn't have to be totally finished by then, maybe this is a good goal. Things are going pretty quickly so far and most decisions are falling naturally into place. What'cha all think?

The big presure here would be on Body and Paint, the rest of it I don't think there'd be all that much of a problem. enkeivette, I'm looking at you. How's school and work. Certainly we can make decisions that streamline the process and sidestep major time suckers, but is this even on the table for you as a possibility?
Honestly? ? So what, who cares?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #69
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Honestly? ? So what, who cares?
You'll be the one wiring up the dash April 19th at Midnight.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #70
Fast & Filthy

Rear bars are in.

Cage Thread