Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Kinda. It's at Doug's, and close to landing with the right guy. It may take the winter, but it will be done right and cheap/free.
Our machinist(2nd one) can't machine the snout or front cover,so I have some feelers out on the east coast for free replacements.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #142
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani View Post
Our machinist(2nd one) can't machine the snout or front cover,so I have some feelers out on the east coast for free replacements.
Thanks Doug. In the meantime I'll pick up the pieces this weekend and talk to my uncle.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #143
I, Vettezuki

Don't have much spare cash yet, but starting to get a little more time. Here's some stuff I'll be working on this week.

- transfer heads and intake portion of blower to BRUTAL64
- pick up other blower bits and take to my uncle's machine shop
- work with enkeivette and my brother bumper fab

In addition *maybe*
- pick up clutch setup from McLeodd
- send clutch, pistons, and balancer to Ford Performance Solutions to have pistons fly cut and assembly balanced

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Thanks Doug. In the meantime I'll pick up the pieces this weekend and talk to my uncle.
Glad I could help Ben and I'll bring the blower with me to Jeffs on Monday.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #145
Power's off.

Quote:
Don't have much spare cash yet, but starting to get a little more time. Here's some stuff I'll be working on this week.

- transfer heads and intake portion of blower to BRUTAL64
The intake is still at my house. I'm also cautiously optimistic that your uncle can pull this off.

On the ignition front, my dizzy machine now has a blueprinted chuck, with new meters arriving this week. My scope has been calibrated, and has new leads coming this week.

Do we have some form of HEI unit for this project yet? No TFI BS.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #146
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
The intake is still at my house. I'm also cautiously optimistic that your uncle can pull this off.

On the ignition front, my dizzy machine now has a blueprinted chuck, with new meters arriving this week. My scope has been calibrated, and has new leads coming this week.

Do we have some form of HEI unit for this project yet? No TFI BS.
Haven't bought an HEI unit yet. Am in negotions with a potentional site sponsor know for a bag of goodies.

Need to press the snout out then my Uncle can set to work on the rest of it.

Have the links to the rebuild kit and super chiller.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #147
Super Moderator

I'm doing glass work on my Vettes interior tomorrow or the snakes bumper, let me know which.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #148
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'm doing glass work on my Vettes interior tomorrow or the snakes bumper, let me know which.
Bumper. I'll be at work into the evening, but let me know when you'll be by and I'll hook you up with a clicker so you can get in the garage.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #149
Super Moderator

Quote:
Bumper. I'll be at work into the evening, but let me know when you'll be by and I'll hook you up with a clicker so you can get in the garage.
I'm kinda feelin noon. Make sure to make it obvious where the resin, MEKP, matte and PVA are.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:28 AM   #150
I, Vettezuki

Hey kids, some updates.

The blower is at my uncle/cousin's place and I'll check on it again this week. It needed some special attention, including the fabrication of new bits (not too hard) but looks doable on last inspecdtion. I got an installation manual off ebay (thanks bird) and once confirmed the blower is going to work from machining I'll get a rebuild kit and pass to bird for clocking etc.

Over the last weeks, particularly the Holiday break, enkeivette and Death Cult worked on the front and rear bumper quite a bit respectively.

I've added a hydraulic press and parts tumbler to my shop to work on the project (and cuz I wanted them.)

New sponsor American Muscle will help with a couple bits.

Generally, now that my wife's business is up and running reasonably well, I have a bit more time. It's still hemorrhaging a bit of cash and we're on the hook for a rather large sum, but basically things are developing about as well as we expected. Once I get to break even I'll open the taps on this project and FINISH IT. I fu*king hate dangling projects and can't wait to see this thing fired up and raising hell. Of course I'm mental so it's gotta be done well and with numerous special touches ... all over.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)