Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Best All Around 08' 600cc Super Sport Bike
Yamaha R6 0 0%
Kawasaki ZX-6R 0 0%
Honda CBR600RR 0 0%
Suzuki GSX-R 600 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Best All Around Currently Made 600cc Sport Bike

For the Model Year 08', which is the best all around 600cc Super Sport bike and why.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Super Moderator

I won't vote because I've never owned one. But I ask riders every chance I get since I'm now in the market for one. This is what I've heard:

I talked to two hardcore rider kinda guys, both friends, one had the R6, the other had the GSXR. They said that they were both as fast as eachother and that they both handled the same, but they both liked the R6 better. They said that it was more comfortable and more narrow (therefore easier to maneuver at slow speeds).

But then I talked with a guy on the last motorgen cruise, and I'm pretty sure that he used to own an R6, but says that he prefers the GSXR.

Someone told me that the CBRs were cheaply made, but then again he was a Harley lover and a Honda hater. So take that with a grain of salt.

I've heard that the new Ninjas (650s) get close to 50 mpg, while the older Ninjas (636s) get about 35 mpg. I've also heard that the GSXR and the R6 get about 35 mpg, but these numbers are all from throttle happy riders.

Aesthetically, my favorite is the limited production Pearl Suzuki Deep Blue and Solid Black GSXR 750s. Buy me one Ben.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Damn G, that GXR is fly. What's your shipping address? I'll see what I can do.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Super Moderator

123 Yomamas Lane
Southpark, CO
Old 08-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
FWD = FAIL

Okay I'll go for it.

#4 kawi has had many and many issues of reliability past present and who knows about the future. Their bikes are fast but are kinda much on the daily rider scale. You don't feel to secure going into the corners but not to bad on the way out. One of the issues I've had with kawi's are steering stabilizers(linky for all you that don't fully know what it is http://www.scottsperformance.com/scotts.php ) and then not having them when the rest of the big 4 have. Now they are kinda with times but still Not all that well of a bike oh and they are known for having tranny problems hope this isn't the case anymore.

#3 cbr great bike well all of them are. You ever get in a car thats good at most things but doesn't excel at anything this is your typical Honda.(other then the 954rr) They are fast, high tech, not too bad on the eyes and the most comfortable for long rides. The bike has no soul none at all. Your just riding a machine no connection to it. No man and bike just something that you paid 10k for. So its a nice bike but not as good as the top two.

#2 Yamaha r6 I've seen this bike grow up threw the years kinda like watching a child grow. Great bike, one of the best bikes to look at, as most bikes in Yamaha's line up are. Great power, great handling, looks what more can you ask for aw yes riding comfort one of the most uncomfortable bikes to ride it is the most racy riding position of all the bikes mentioned but for those canyon rides its awesome. But for dd not so much It would be tied cause its a great bike but the riding position is a little much. All in all Yamaha keep up the great work.

#1 The GSXR 600 You want a bike that is great in everything this is the one for you. Styling, comfort, handling, ungodly speed and one thing that most i4 sport bikes don't give you torque. The gsxr line up is one of the best line ups offered period in the motorcycle community. You know why they sell so many cause they offer a quality product. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you either love how it looks or you don't. Great riding position in between the Honda and the Yamaha great feed back from the bike power going in and out of the corners and still has power on the straights. Suzuki sets the bar every year for the big 4 and then jumps over it even more with there quality product. Awesome job Suzuki you do have a great line up.

Now before you ask many of you have met me before no I do not work for Suzuki but I do know and love my bikes I won't right a review on a bike I haven't ridden just to save face. I do love my crotch rockets and I have ridden most so any questions feel free to ask. All of the bikes are good bikes just some are better then others its like Pizza. Even the kawi compared to some other bikes isn't the worst but of the 4 mentioned it is in last place. Kawi has been trying new things getting more feedback from riders. Maybe one day Kawi will make a product I would ride but until then I'll be riding something different. One more thing no this isn't coped and pasted this is all me just typing excuse the errors I've never claimed to be a journalist but you know how that goes. Hope this long ass post will help you.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Default Important Model Years for GXRs

So if buying a used GXR, what are the important years to be aware of? Like, when did certain technologies, like steering stabilizers come on line?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-13-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
Okay I'll go for it.

#4 kawi has had many and many issues of reliability past present and who knows about the future. Their bikes are fast but are kinda much on the daily rider scale. You don't feel to secure going into the corners but not to bad on the way out. One of the issues I've had with kawi's are steering stabilizers(linky for all you that don't fully know what it is http://www.scottsperformance.com/scotts.php ) and then not having them when the rest of the big 4 have. Now they are kinda with times but still Not all that well of a bike oh and they are known for having tranny problems hope this isn't the case anymore.

#3 cbr great bike well all of them are. You ever get in a car thats good at most things but doesn't excel at anything this is your typical Honda.(other then the 954rr) They are fast, high tech, not too bad on the eyes and the most comfortable for long rides. The bike has no soul none at all. Your just riding a machine no connection to it. No man and bike just something that you paid 10k for. So its a nice bike but not as good as the top two.

#2 Yamaha r6 I've seen this bike grow up threw the years kinda like watching a child grow. Great bike, one of the best bikes to look at, as most bikes in Yamaha's line up are. Great power, great handling, looks what more can you ask for aw yes riding comfort one of the most uncomfortable bikes to ride it is the most racy riding position of all the bikes mentioned but for those canyon rides its awesome. But for dd not so much It would be tied cause its a great bike but the riding position is a little much. All in all Yamaha keep up the great work.

#1 The GSXR 600 You want a bike that is great in everything this is the one for you. Styling, comfort, handling, ungodly speed and one thing that most i4 sport bikes don't give you torque. The gsxr line up is one of the best line ups offered period in the motorcycle community. You know why they sell so many cause they offer a quality product. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you either love how it looks or you don't. Great riding position in between the Honda and the Yamaha great feed back from the bike power going in and out of the corners and still has power on the straights. Suzuki sets the bar every year for the big 4 and then jumps over it even more with there quality product. Awesome job Suzuki you do have a great line up.

Now before you ask many of you have met me before no I do not work for Suzuki but I do know and love my bikes I won't right a review on a bike I haven't ridden just to save face. I do love my crotch rockets and I have ridden most so any questions feel free to ask. All of the bikes are good bikes just some are better then others its like Pizza. Even the kawi compared to some other bikes isn't the worst but of the 4 mentioned it is in last place. Kawi has been trying new things getting more feedback from riders. Maybe one day Kawi will make a product I would ride but until then I'll be riding something different. One more thing no this isn't coped and pasted this is all me just typing excuse the errors I've never claimed to be a journalist but you know how that goes. Hope this long ass post will help you.

Great write up. Now, I want a GSXR just from reading what you wrote. Wait.... I can't I have a Harley.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
FWD = FAIL

Think of bikes as computers when it comes to the sportbike community. What you buy new is going to be outdated in 2 yrs. On a bike you can give it 4yrs. If you looking for a good cheap gsxr that you are going to work on and still want some kind of power you can get a 2000+ model try 2001 + less bugs. Now keep in mind this is a bike you are going to mod you will need a stablizer and a few other small things but it would be a good daily rider. If you want a bike you can just buy and ride not worry about much for the GSXR class I would go 2004+(the year I had) stablizer, inverted forks (linky here http://www.motorbike-search-engine.c...glossary-i.php ) GREAT brakes good gas mileage a good fuel injection system. And still doesn't look old. the up to 03 model kinda are looking like driving a 80's muscle car fast for its time great looking for its time but has been used abused and looks dated not up to todays standerds. Still might be great cars and good to mod but well you get what I'm saying. Not trying to offend anyone just comparing.

And BRUTAL64 nothing wrong with owning a Harley just a different bike. But if you really want one you can have 2 bikes nothing wrong with that now is there lol.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
Think of bikes as computers when it comes to the sportbike community. What you buy new is going to be outdated in 2 yrs. On a bike you can give it 4yrs. If you looking for a good cheap gsxr that you are going to work on and still want some kind of power you can get a 2000+ model try 2001 + less bugs. Now keep in mind this is a bike you are going to mod you will need a stablizer and a few other small things but it would be a good daily rider. If you want a bike you can just buy and ride not worry about much for the GSXR class I would go 2004+(the year I had) stablizer, inverted forks (linky here http://www.motorbike-search-engine.c...glossary-i.php ) GREAT brakes good gas mileage a good fuel injection system. And still doesn't look old. the up to 03 model kinda are looking like driving a 80's muscle car fast for its time great looking for its time but has been used abused and looks dated not up to todays standerds. Still might be great cars and good to mod but well you get what I'm saying. Not trying to offend anyone just comparing.

And BRUTAL64 nothing wrong with owning a Harley just a different bike. But if you really want one you can have 2 bikes nothing wrong with that now is there lol.
Alright next, question. Probably isn't gonna happen, but I've had a bit of the bike Jones come up again since our Hwy 2 cruise (which you missed out on homeslice). I have ZERO experience on anything other than 60cc Enduro when I was like 10. I'm think a 600cc GXR maybe a bit much to start on. What say you?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 AM   #10
FWD = FAIL

lol i use to go up the 2 every weekend up to whats it called newcombs or something like that horrible with names. 600 is a good bike. don't go any bigger. TAKE THE SAFTEY COURSE. I'm not kidding about that one. Its worth the 3 days and the hundred or so dollars. But if your serious about getting a bike I'll help you find one we just have to find out what you want out of your bike.