Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 AM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Nice, for having relatively few mods to be in the 11s is awesome. I have about the same mods comparatively and still am in the 13s.
Depending on the car, Fontucky might be good for up to solid 1 second handicap compared to some of the great east coast tracks. Gotta hand it to the GT-R on this one, that goddamn thing was running 11.8 at 118 bone stock no matter where the fuck it was.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Nice, for having relatively few mods to be in the 11s is awesome. I have about the same mods comparatively and still am in the 13s.
BUT i have the new motor and that thing is a BEAST.. i cant wait to get some real pwer adders on it to make it into the 10's or quicker.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Panhard bar does absolutely nothing in terms of helping a car launch
Maybe not practically in your experience, but less energy pushing sideways could only result in more energy pushing forwards.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #24

just did a weight loss program on the front end of the mustang.. havent been to the track yet.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #25

also adjusted the controls a little bit more.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #26
Super Moderator

You ditched the sway bar?? You only want to drag with that thing Im guessing?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post

also adjusted the controls a little bit more.
I gained 2/10 in the 1/8 mile just from that sway bar delete and skinniest on the front.

Where did you have that control arm before? The middle hole?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I gained 2/10 in the 1/8 mile just from that sway bar delete and skinniest on the front.

Where did you have that control arm before? The middle hole?
i hope i can get that in the 1/4.. i'm all ready running skinnies on all my other runs.. as for the LCA im going to play with the different locations.. the shop is saying the lowest hole is for mosly stick cars for high RPM lanuches and middle is for Autos.. we will see..
Old 04-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You ditched the sway bar?? You only want to drag with that thing Im guessing?
i drive with skinnies on the front all the tire so i'm not racing any turns anytime soon lol.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #30

Below is the best explanation I have seen for the proper adjustment of our lower control arms:

Quote:
The lower the rear of the arm drops, the "shorter" the IC (instant center) point is, in comparison to the originating point (rear axle)

The "shorter" the instant center, the harder the suspension applies pressure, which drives the tires to the pavement promoting traction.

The location of the instant center in comparison to the neutral line, determines the "anti-squat" percentage. The higher the IC point is, the higher the body of the car will be upon launch, hence, anti-squat.

If the IC point is under the neutral line, the car will squat. The lower the IC point is, the more the car will squat.

So what does this do? Imagine your car tires being your feet, and the body of the car, being your actual body (ankles to head)

Stand straight up on a scale, squat quickly and what does the weight on the scale read? It drops, right?

Now, squat on a scale, shoot up really quick. What does the weight do, raise? So more pressure is applied on the scale when raising.

Moral of the story: If the rear of the car squats, the suspension is compressing too rapidly to hold enough pressure to maintain traction upon launch.

Keep in mind, if the car raises too much (LCA too low) in the rear....it will fall fast and can/will unload the suspension which causes spinning....

You have to find the fine line.

Here are some pictures I drew up years ago.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?