Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711
Default morgan's blue beast burn out

http://www.shofstetter.com/uploads/B...nal_Export.avi

Bad ass car, can't wait to see this 7,000 dollar car with another 2,000 or so into it rape Ben and Sean
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
http://www.shofstetter.com/uploads/B...nal_Export.avi

Bad ass car, can't wait to see this 7,000 dollar car with another 2,000 or so into it rape Ben and Sean
As long as it doesn't have to deal with any of that sticky turning business . . . Adam's Vette ain't too far off that price range. It'd do fine in a straight line and it'd be a prison rape in the twisties . . . though it's got some rough edges here and there.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

...I love Adam's car but it is the epidamy of functionality, Morgan's car is an entirely different animal. It is very comfy and has all the comforts youd expect from a buick, either way a bad ass burn out!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Adams car is soon to have all the emblems removed, holes glassed over (including the antenna hole), and receive a shiny new black paint job. Possibly a custom front bumper with no license plate area which will be molded in... Next project, to commence right after the DC tour.

Should be a sexy bitch!

BTW, Eric's Dad will be painting the car. He's a professional painter, so it should look awesome and be relatively very cheap. Also, also, all of the lights (sidemarkers included) will be blacked out. Sexxxx.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Adams car is soon to have all the emblems removed, holes glassed over (including the antenna hole), and receive a shiny new black paint job. Possibly a custom front bumper with no license plate area which will be molded in... Next project, to commence right after the DC tour.

Should be a sexy bitch!

BTW, Eric's Dad will be painting the car. He's a professional painter, so it should look awesome and be relatively very cheap. Also, also, all of the lights (sidemarkers included) will be blacked out. Sexxxx.
How much are you looking at for the entire job?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . Also, also, all of the lights (sidemarkers included) will be blacked out. Sexxxx.
Tickets.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
How much are you looking at for the entire job?
Not sure, should be cheap though. I'll let you know.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #8

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
As long as it doesn't have to deal with any of that sticky turning business . . . .
Actually, it handles better than you might anticipate...there is chassis bracing hidden in the front and rear, new springs, good sized sway bars, new shocks and I've replaced body mount bushings. I have a set of GNX bushings for it too to tighten it up further but to get them in you have to unbolt the body from the frame and jack it up, so that's going to be a project. 8P
Old 04-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRacer View Post
Actually, it handles better than you might anticipate...there is chassis bracing hidden in the front and rear, new springs, good sized sway bars, new shocks and I've replaced body mount bushings. I have a set of GNX bushings for it too to tighten it up further but to get them in you have to unbolt the body from the frame and jack it up, so that's going to be a project. 8P
That's likely since I don't anticipate it to handle all that well. No doubt basic stiffening and whatnot will give a tighter feel, but there's a lot that goes into how much speed can be carried through corners and how fast a car can change direction. No question TB/GNs are some of the best straight line values in automotive history. And heck, there sort of like actual cars even; useful for putting around, real back seats etc. No doubt they can be made to handle better than stock. However, I believe there are some real fundamental limitations in far it can go; just as I'll never get the Vette to handle like a Lotus . . . it's not in the cards.

I don't know what tune Brian is singing now, but in the past he has suggested a tuned TB could be made to outrun a Tuned C3 on a road course. This prompted me to inquire within.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #10

One of the members on the TBs.com board (turbofish38) gained noteriety being the 1997 Nebraska Region SCCA Street Tire Class Champion and the SCCA Street Tire Class runner up in 1996, 1998 & 1999. His "weapon of choice" for SCCA use was an '87 GN with 36 lb. injectors, stock intercooler, stock live axle with OEM 3.42 rear gear and a TA-49 turbo that ran 11.80s at 115 in a straight line when called upon. He never did reveal his entire combo other than to say that he used Camaro parts and spent a lot of time getting the shock & spring combo right. With enough time, patience and $$$ anything is possible!