Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #1

Default A newbie to this site and to racing

Hi everyone. My name is Joe and I found this site because there's a video of a friend's GT/CS at California Speedway on here. I have a couple of cars and am new to drag racing. I went for the first time in June. I ran my 07 Mustang GT/CS and plan on racing again on Saturday. Hopefully you can get some video of it for me. If I can learn to launch, I may actually get into the 12s. My last time out I ran 13.2 @ 108 after hitting the rev-limiter before the end of the track. That was with 3.55 gears in the rear-end. I now have 4.10s so I'll have plenty of time to grab for 4th gear. Maybe I'll meet some of you there.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Joe and I found this site because there's a video of a friend's GT/CS at California Speedway on here. I have a couple of cars and am new to drag racing. I went for the first time in June. I ran my 07 Mustang GT/CS and plan on racing again on Saturday. Hopefully you can get some video of it for me. If I can learn to launch, I may actually get into the 12s. My last time out I ran 13.2 @ 108 after hitting the rev-limiter before the end of the track. That was with 3.55 gears in the rear-end. I now have 4.10s so I'll have plenty of time to grab for 4th gear. Maybe I'll meet some of you there.

Hey Joe,

Welcome to the board! It's very nice to meet you. Yes we will be out at the track on this coming saturday the 19th...you're in luck. It should be a fairly light day. Last weekend only 150 cars showed up and were hot lap'n it.

If you don't mind, please make sure to sign in here and add you name to the list of people that will be attending to ensure that we get your vehicle.

http://motorgen.com/forum/calendar.p...=2008-7-19&c=1

I'll send you a PM with my phone # as well as my husbands and if you can either call us or text us your #, that way we'll for sure get you.

This weekend I also do hope to be racing. My husband for sure will be in a white 04 cobra with drag radials and pullies. This will be our first with the new additions. It should an interesting weekend for us as it will be my first ever down the track and with the added horses. We'll have the video going allllll day.

We'll be up in the stands towards the end with the camera on a tri-pod, come by and say hello.

See you saturday.

Alexis
Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . If I can learn to launch, I may actually get into the 12s. My last time out I ran 13.2 @ 108 after hitting the rev-limiter before the end of the track. That was with 3.55 gears in the rear-end. I now have 4.10s so I'll have plenty of time to grab for 4th gear. Maybe I'll meet some of you there.
Launching at California Speedway on a street legal day is up to the Gods. They just don't maintain the prep through the day. Your best hard launches will be earliest in the day. You'll loose tenths over the day.

PS Welcome

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcome, guys. And I already added my name to the list to attend on Saturday.

I'll be sure to stop by and say hi.

P.S. Good luck with your racing!

Joe
Old 07-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #5

Quote:
P.S. Good luck with your racing!

Joe

LOL, I'm gonna need it. Any coaching is welcome!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
LOL, I'm gonna need it. Any coaching is welcome!
We're both in the same boat. My only advice is point it to the other end, hang on, and have fun!!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Coaching:

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #8

I just wish the damn barriers weren't so close to me - can't they be further away....
Old 07-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
I just wish the damn barriers weren't so close to me - can't they be further away....

Uhh, how exactly do you drive on the road.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Uhh, how exactly do you drive on the road.

Kind of what I was thinking, but didn't want to rock the boat (being new here and all).