Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #21

Car is a strong runner, no doubt. 13.1 is on par with what most average driver stock cobras should run...or at least damn close. A set of 4.56 or 4.30 gears would put you solid mid 12s, definitely fast enough for any stock cobra.

Your trans actually has a taller (numerically lower) final drive than my 6-speed, even with the 56's youd be under 3k at 80. My 6th is a .63, your 5th is a .62...http://www.csgnetwork.com/rpmcalc.html says youd only pull about 2900 even with the 56s. I assume its primarily a street car, and from what i can gather the consensus with the N/A 4v guys is 4.30s. 4.56s if you see the track quite a bit.

Might check this out...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=491834
Old 06-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Nice new ride Adam! We'll make sure to catch you missing 3rd, not getting traction, or running in the 14's. Welcome to the club!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #23
A Motorgen O.G.

There isn't much head room for you in there huh? You're a big guy and I remember Mustangs have low roofs.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
. . .Got 295s in the rear so traction should be ok.
No it won't. We're talking about Fontana here. Once your arrive, let the tires down to about 25psi. If you feel like it, a light burn out to break of any stuff stuck to the tire will help too.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #25
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
I do not consider intake and tuner major mods. I was pretty much meaning supersharging or something major with the engine. Arron, lats face it, a stock cobra runs a hell of a lot fast than Sean can run it so I still may not be in your range, just Sean's!! The guy I bought it form said he ran it at 13.1 at the track with a tuner only I think. It has flowmaster exhaust and an air intkae spacer as it stands now. I will get a K&N filter before I go to the track on Saturday. He already removed the air silencer. Got 295s in the rear so traction should be ok.
HAHAHAHAHA, I see a 2.4 60'ft in your near future. California Speedway FTL
Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Although, in riding around with Adam, his Mach launches WAY easier than the Cobra. The ride is rougher, but a live axle can't be beat for drag racing
Old 06-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #27
A Motorgen O.G.

I just noticed that he paid 14.5k for it. What do those normally go for in that condition? Seems like a great deal.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
I just noticed that he paid 14.5k for it. What do those normally go for in that condition? Seems like a great deal.
It is a great deal. I think the originally asking price was $16k, which was in itself a fair price.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #29
Resident Avatar Gambler

It is a FANTASTIC deal. I think the guy was out of work and just had to dump it.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #30
Graphics B*tch

Most of these, in this condition have been going for $17K or more. The guy was on diability and needed the cash. He had it up for a little over aweek and I was the only person who contacted him. I scored big time on this one. If only the CHP was as nice and did not give me a ticket on the way home. Wish I had not gone to traffic school a week ago. Oh well, bring on the insurance hike!!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten