Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #1

Default Newbie introduction

Hello. My name is Anthony Dalrymple and I just found this site due to a business card left on my windshield in the pits last weekend at California Speedway. I wanted to see my pass & figured i might as well join. I'm a borderline psychotic fox-body 5.0L Mustang enthusiast whom enjoys occasional passes at the track. To relax and help keep the daily grind from increasing my blood pressure;I wrench allot on my car and help out friends in a small but tight knit SoCal group of like minded fox-body fanaticals. The California Speedway 3\22\08 drag racing video #24 has my second pass of the day; i ran a bit quicker later on in the daily driver..... It's my only vehicle and i like the challenge of keeping it reliable, emissions legal, and quick........ Tell me if I'm wrong but i believe I found a web-site of like minded individuals......
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple View Post
Hello. My name is Anthony Dalrymple and I just found this site due to a business card left on my windshield in the pits last weekend at California Speedway. I wanted to see my pass & figured i might as well join. I'm a borderline psychotic fox-body 5.0L Mustang enthusiast whom enjoys occasional passes at the track. To relax and help keep the daily grind from increasing my blood pressure;I wrench allot on my car and help out friends in a small but tight knit SoCal group of like minded fox-body fanaticals. The California Speedway 3\22\08 drag racing video #24 has my second pass of the day; i ran a bit quicker later on in the daily driver..... It's my only vehicle and i like the challenge of keeping it reliable, emissions legal, and quick........ Tell me if I'm wrong but i believe I found a web-site of like minded individuals......
Welcome. While I'm a Corvette guy, I totally get what you're into. I have what must be one of the few (if any other) fully CA smog legal LSx engine swaps into a C3. Turn the key . . . it starts. Stand on the loud pedal, it goes. Some of my happiest time spent is maintaining it, tweaking it, and of course, driving it. While we may sit behind different steering wheels, at the end of the day, we're into the same thing.

BTW, one project I'm advocating for Motorgen.com promotion is an electric drag car. I think the Fox Body is possibly the ideal platform for this.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Hey Anthony, welcome to the board! I am also a Mustang guy, as I have an 04 Cobra now that is my 3rd Mustang. It's a great car - I love it. It is also my daily driver, so I also am walking the tight rope of trying to have a reliable, emissions legal, very fast car. I'm going to get a smaller supercharger pulley on later in the year and I am hoping to go high 11's/low 12's on drag radials. As for the board, the idea behind it is exactly as you say. We're all car enthusiasts and wanted to try to put together a site where people could plan events and get together to hang out with like minded people in there areas. Ford, Chevrolet, Mopar, Import, it doesn't matter to me, I love cars Are you planning on going to the next Alternative Motoring Event or the Street Legal Drags at all - it'd be nice to meet you in person.

Sean
Old 03-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #4

Thanks guys.... I uhhhh..... assumed guys that is I like all American muscle car brands as well; I have owned 4 Camaros over the years (don't tell my friends tho). It's still too hard for me to like imports; but I'll continue to work on moderating that bias out of my system. I will attend more events in the future; the next private track day is kinda uncertain at this time due to financial considerations that are not mine (lent allot of money out to help a couple people; good people in need). I'm also saving pennies in order to install a 342 stroker in the 'vert this summer. All I really want is a simple, reliable, & solid 12 second daily driver with none of the inherent drawbacks of "going to far"..... 12.70-12.80@107-108 should be easy... I'll do my best to start introducing myself to everyone the next time out there! I met the (or one of the) editors to Hot Rodding Magazine that was quite the nice fellow; drove an 11.30 second blue '68 Chevelle and made a mean double cheese burger too boot!