Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #1

Default What's up from Phoenix.

Saw the thread you all posted on LS2gto for the Huntington cruise. I'll be coming out this weekend, so maybe I'll get a chance to meet you all. I'm driving out on Friday to have a buddy help me replace the slave cylinder in my tranny that is going out. I guess I'll have fun driving 300 miles with a clutch that doesn't want to disengage all the way. Rev matching FTW. Hopefully I don't screw anything up driving it that far.

Here's a clip of my GTO idling and reving.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Welcome to the board Jon. If you can make it out this weekend, it should definitely be a good time. Your car sounds wicked by the way
Old 08-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Should be fine, my friend had to do the same thing. Ended up being a leaking hydraulic fitting. If it gets too tough to shift, pull over and let the fluid cool down for a bit. Bring some extra brake fluid in case it is leaking.

Think my master cyl is leaking too btw. If that makes you feel any better.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Yes welcome Jon. I wish you the best of luck with that clutch. We, not too long ago had a faulty clutch cable that was shreding that took twice as much effort to engage and was a pain in the ass. Make sure you take an advil or two before getting in the car and make sure to stop, walk around, and stretch.

If you are able to make the cruise/bonfire, we look forward to having you. I'll be the chick at the beach for 16 hours hold'n down the pits....hopefully I'm still my ghostly white pasty self instead of a lobster.

See ya then. Take care and drive safe.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Yes welcome Jon. I wish you the best of luck with that clutch. We, not too long ago had a faulty clutch cable that was shreding that took twice as much effort to engage and was a pain in the ass. Make sure you take an advil or two before getting in the car and make sure to stop, walk around, and stretch.

If you are able to make the cruise/bonfire, we look forward to having you. I'll be the chick at the beach for 16 hours hold'n down the pits....hopefully I'm still my ghostly white pasty self instead of a lobster.

You're are not really going to sit there for 16 hours are you????
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #6

Quote:

Bring a bunch of SPF 50 and a 1/2 gallon of Bacardi. Good to go.
2005 GTO, 6-speed, LS7 clutch, Lou's short stick shifter handle, 242/248 .621/.615 on a 111, Comp Cams 921 dual valve springs and titanium retainers, FAST 90 intake manifold, Volant CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, no cats(shhhh....don't tell anybody, lol), full 3" true dual(no x or h pipe) exhaust, Spintech Sportsman Street Mufflers. Dyno'd 435rwhp/395rwtq in 117F weather.

Idle and Rev Vid:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

6AM - 5PM - Thinking time to reflect upon what I have done and accomplished with my life.

5pm-10pm - Watch all ya'll get a lil-tipsy and stumble around.

Should be fun

PS - yes spf 50 A MUST!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Neanderthal

Quote:
6AM - 5PM - Thinking time to reflect upon what I have done and accomplished with my life.

5pm-10pm - Watch all ya'll get a lil-tipsy and stumble around.

Should be fun

PS - yes spf 50 A MUST!!!
You've done that much in your life? Hell, it only takes me 20 minutes to reflect on my life.
2016 Nissan Altma