Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to dmark101
Default San Diego Cruise: August 28, 2010 - Twist-O-Rama

It's the end of August and that means the annual SCPOC Twist-O-Rama is returning for 2010.

This cruise is our normal end of summer event. It will see us travel through the back roads near Chula Vista, working our way up to Julian, then up to Palomar Mountain, and finally through Pala on our way to the dinner at Outback Steakhouse in Temecula.

The drive will start at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista at 10:00am SHARP! This means DO NOT BE LATE or you will have to play catch up.

If anyone is interested in caravanning to Chula Vista and you're not already in the San Diego area, you can meet us at the designated SCPOC Orange County meeting spot [it's available on the club website @ www.scpoc.com]. We will be at the meeting spot around 7:45am and leave NO LATER than 8:15 am, to give us enough time to get there and gas up.

Itineraries are available via the club website and are in both Microsoft Word format and Adobe Acrobat format.

Please, it is important that you print out this document and have it with you on the day of the cruise. Not only does it have the schedule of events, but I've taken great care to have turn-by-turn directions with map pictures to help everyone out.

Take the time to read the first page of this document, as it has very useful information regarding conduct and the use of FRS radios. SCPOC strongly encourages the use of FRS radios with privacy subchannels. We use these radios to coordinate our group during club events like this one. They are relatively inexpensive and most come with the privacy channels. Also please take care to exercise courtesy when using these radios during an event, as they are for communicating important messages, not for idle chatter.

SCPOC also has some "rules of the road" that we follow during our cruise events as well:
  • Limit your FRS radio communications to delivering messages pertinent to the cruise.
  • We will have a maximum speed limit and it will be determined by posted speed limits and/or driving conditions.
  • There will be no passing to move from behind a "slow" vehicle.
  • No tailgating of any kind will be tolerated.
  • This event is NOT A RACE. There are no points awarded, nor are there any trophies.
  • Failure to adhere to the above guidelines will result in your being asked to leave the group.

We hope that you will have fun during this event and at the dinner afterward.

See you there.
When the rage in me subsides
RIP - AGT - 04.21.1944 - 09.02.2002 RIP - DMT - 06.11.1946 - 09.09.2007
Old 08-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #2

is there no interest?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Internet Tough Guy

I will be there if we get some motorgen participation
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I will be there if we get some motorgen participation
Several motorgen peeps will be at Lytle Creek that day. But not all, maybe Sean, Doug Mariani, and a few others would be down.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #5

This is a great route and would go, but, Frankie has her High School reunion that day, and needs to show off her young stud ! Maybe I will meet him someday
Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Several motorgen peeps will be at Lytle Creek that day. But not all, maybe Sean, Doug Mariani, and a few others would be down.
that sucks.

i had posted this a couple of months ago, but the forum that it was originally in was closed or removed from viewing. it would have been nice had the admin moved all those SoCal threads into this forum.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
that sucks.

i had posted this a couple of months ago, but the forum that it was originally in was closed or removed from viewing. it would have been nice had the admin moved all those SoCal threads into this forum.
Whoops. That'd be my bad. It got lost in the reorganization shuffle. Mea culpa. This orginization is gonna stay for a while, so it won't happen again. The data is actually still on the system, but I neglected to copy from the old hidden forum to this one. I' a bad panda.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #8

no problem. it happens.

if some guys want to do something other than shoot guns, they are more than welcome to join us on this cruise.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
no problem. it happens.

if some guys want to do something other than shoot guns, they are more than welcome to join us on this cruise.
I'm sort of a gun kick recently and who knew, a lot of car guys are gun nuts too. Probably has something to do with testosterone and explosions.

I posted this to our FB page.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #10

In...representing SHOCal.