Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Add Us Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...5265895?ref=ts

Then invite all your friends.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #2

Grrr i hate facebook so much......to bad there isnt anything better right now
Old 06-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

There's an Open Source decentralized P2P solution under development. Pretty interesting.

http://www.joindiaspora.com/

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There's an Open Source decentralized P2P solution under development. Pretty interesting.

http://www.joindiaspora.com/
diaspora is no where near a replacement for Facebook.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
diaspora is no where near a replacement for Facebook.
It's only a couple months old and won't even be released until September. In short, it doesn't even exist yet. Whatever it becomes is a function of support and usage by those who say they hate FB. There sure ain't going to be no major corporate push of any kind to replace FB. At least not one that wouldn't be as laden with the same kind of problems as FB, with the one possible exception of a pay for service network, which is very unlikely.

OS solutions work exceptionally well for many things. This site runs on Linux using all OS daemons, etc.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's only a couple months old and won't even be released until September. In short, it doesn't even exist yet. Whatever it becomes is a function of support and usage by those who say they hate FB. There sure ain't going to be no major corporate push of any kind to replace FB. At least not one that wouldn't be as laden with the same kind of problems as FB, with the one possible exception of a pay for service network, which is very unlikely.

OS solutions work exceptionally well for many things. This site runs on Linux using all OS daemons, etc.
Well I got rid my my FB account about a month ago when they changes the policy.

I think I'm just going to get all my activity to an rss feed and give my friends a link to that so they can follow me with what I'm doing. ie posting to a forum, posting a twitter message, login to foursquare, digging something.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #7

Wasnt' there already a FB page?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdogg96 View Post
Wasnt' there already a FB page?
Technically that was a Group and this is a Webiste. Unfortunately FB doesn't provide a way to easily migrate one to the other, so we added the "Page" and took down the "Group". The main reason is that when posting from the "Page" as an admin it hits the walls of users as the Page (Motorgen), but not if it's a group.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)