Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Default Injectors Plus: Starting out, hope to help here.

Hey all. Vettezuki said I can post here, so....here we go!

I have decided I do not take direction well, and can not stand to work for other people. So I looked toward what I think is the future and threw everything I have into a venture I am comfortable with. This is life altering, so bear with me.

I am purchasing a company that has been in existence for over two decades that specializes in fuel injectors. I am keeping all of their technicians, and all of their equipment. It's a long term revenue buy out, FWIW.

We are focusing on the "not so common" applications. For example I can make one of the hot Siemens 2250CC fit Honda "H" motors. We can do EV14 Bosch into different applications. I can resize the Mopar Hemi injectors. So our focus is on unique performance applications either domestic or import, although we will carry replacement and higher flow injectors.

We flow match every set to your specs and provide a flow sheet with the injectors.

This company has been building custom injectors for some time, as a favor to people who race, but they have not promoted it. Well, I am going to expand and promote the high performance market, as I feel it is dramatically under served.

My daily driver stuff is 1/2 the cost of new, we use only the best materials, and provide a lifetime warrantee. There are guys out there who rebuild and use cheap, Chinese crap internally , we do not do that.We use only the best parts for our rebuilds I may be only $20 more expensive or so than the cheapest internet guy, but I stand by what I sell and you're getting the best product on the market. I expect to have my database of 45,000 vehicles up and running in 2-3 weeks.

What I want to do is offer some discounts to MG members to get the ball rolling. Get some feedback.

I know I'm a bit premature on this post, my website is still a bit under construction, matching up injectors to applications is a huge task. However, I am situated to to take credit cards, and pay pal and can ship. My site is currently a couple weeks out to completion, but can be found at www.injectorsplus.com.

I'll offer fairly substantial discounts, meaning I'll actually take a loss, for the first few orders here.

I would like to talk to some of the motor, intake, forced air guys here about putting together sets for them. Currently we provide sets for one of the best known forced air guys on the market. We do about 50 sets a month with them.

I appreciate your time and hope we can support your racing efforts.

Please email to john@injectorsplus.com or call at 201-258-5600. Thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Graphics B*tch

Welcome to the site. I am not in need of injectors but when I do I will be sure to contact you. What is the lifespan of an injector btw? Is it more of a measurement of years, miles, what?

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 05-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Welcome to the site. I am not in need of injectors but when I do I will be sure to contact you. What is the lifespan of an injector btw? Is it more of a measurement of years, miles, what?
Thanks for the welcome. I joined a while ago because there are some familiar names here. Good guys. I do more reading than posting.

The new gas is killing some injectors. Time will kill them too. If you get rebuilds you have to ensure they are fresh. We either build to order, or have a two week inventory. If injectors sit they will get funny and not run right.

For toys that are stored, like boats, bikes can get funny. If you mix car pump gas, and marine gas, there is a tendency to gel. There were a lot of problems with clogging fuel filters, and of course, injectors.

Injectors are a lot like valve springs, a fresh set can really change the characteristics of the motor for the better.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
Neanderthal

I book marked the Web page. I will let people know about this.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I book marked the Web page. I will let people know about this.
Thanks Brutal, I knew there was a reason I always liked you.....

(yeah I'm a kiss ass)
Old 05-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
Thanks Brutal, I knew there was a reason I always liked you.....

(yeah I'm a kiss ass)
You better wipe that brown spot off your nose.

I've always thought you had some smarts, so it's not a problem to recommend you to people that will need your services.

I've stayed away from Injection cause I can't find a set up that looks simular to my dual quads.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I joined a while ago because there are some familiar names here. Good guys. I do more reading than posting.

The new gas is killing some injectors. Time will kill them too. If you get rebuilds you have to ensure they are fresh. We either build to order, or have a two week inventory. If injectors sit they will get funny and not run right.

For toys that are stored, like boats, bikes can get funny. If you mix car pump gas, and marine gas, there is a tendency to gel. There were a lot of problems with clogging fuel filters, and of course, injectors.

Injectors are a lot like valve springs, a fresh set can really change the characteristics of the motor for the better.
Define funny. Does that mean hardening of plastics or something? Do they recover with use (like getting lubed) or do they get actually damaged by sitting around too long?

What about additives, namely Torco. I run a Torco mix, about 1 quart to 15 gallons. Their formula is a black box, but holly hell does it acutally raise octane.

I'll be in the market for a set later this year or next winter depending on which direction I go with the motor, and oh yeah, money. If the tree-huggers get their way and put E85 stations all over I'm seriously considering to go bat sh*t crazy with like a 13:1 383 stroker.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #8

I know what you mean by not wanting to work for a boss..hell, 23 years in business here myself. I run 65 lb injectors sold by FAST. Can they be modified to flow maybe 75 or 80? I am getting close to 90% duty cycle at max power..
Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Define funny. Does that mean hardening of plastics or something? Do they recover with use (like getting lubed) or do they get actually damaged by sitting around too long?

What about additives, namely Torco. I run a Torco mix, about 1 quart to 15 gallons. Their formula is a black box, but holly hell does it acutally raise octane.

I'll be in the market for a set later this year or next winter depending on which direction I go with the motor, and oh yeah, money. If the tree-huggers get their way and put E85 stations all over I'm seriously considering to go bat sh*t crazy with like a 13:1 383 stroker.

When an injector is rebuilt, cheap materials are used, and they are not stored correctly, the car won't idle right, won't accelerate right, etc.... The baskets can start to form rust, on the cheap ones for example.

Hence "funny". I manifests itself in different ways.

Some companies buy rebuilt from a third party in bulk and it will sit on the self for months. Injectors do have a shelf life. We keep an inventory that gets cycled every 2 weeks of the popular sizes. We fill our injectors with storage fluid to avoid these problems
Old 05-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
I know what you mean by not wanting to work for a boss..hell, 23 years in business here myself. I run 65 lb injectors sold by FAST. Can they be modified to flow maybe 75 or 80? I am getting close to 90% duty cycle at max power..
I will check with my engineer tomorrow. My initial answer is yes. If I can, we get $25-30 depending on the injector. I think a better move would be to consider our rebuilds since we flow match them. I can't flow match your current ones since they are, by definition, your injectors.

It may take 20 injectors to match 8. If I only have 8, there's little hope they will all match. Plus the rebuilds get the lifetime warranty.