Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #1

Smile ls1 powered rx-7 (yes, another one)

I know, I know. It's almost cliche... "ls1-rx7". But you know what? I haven't even tuned the car yet and it puts the biggest smile on my face since I felt boost with the old rotary. Torque @ idle is just too much fun. I'm not going to post details on the build here, they're too boring Check out my build thread @ norotors.

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=4478.0

Will get the car aligned at some point to corner weight it, etc. Should come in sub 2900# w/o driver /w full tank fuel. No A/C, but have P/S, stereo, power windows, full interior, etc. Should be putting out 350-400 hp @ the tires. I have all the emissions crap on it too (what a pain in the ass). 4:10 rear gear, TSP stage 2.5 heads, 224/228 +114 lsa cam, etc.

I have the itch so bad to just have a tuner tweak it a bit so I can stomp on it 100%, but I also have the itch to do it myself. I'm leaning toward the latter... just bought a new wideband O2 last week.

Here's a pic of it up near Malibu/Las Virgines about 2 weekends ago.

Anyway, got some vids of the car running.

First fire:

Walk around & exhaust clip:

Street driving & cruising:

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #2

Hey Mike. It was fun hanging out with you & your girlfriend the other day. Your car is intense.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I love these swaps. I would love to do one.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #4

love LS fd's.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Looks great Mike, congrats!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

It's fairly common because it's "full of win" as the kids say.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #7

lol thanks guys. Me and my gf Fisa (has a yellow rx7, some of you know her and the car) have been meaning to come out on a cruise with you for a while. I think the last time we were out with you was when we went to the aviation museum over in Chino Hills... man that was forever ago. And before that I think it was street legals in 2009 and the RET dyno day last year... man time flies.

I have some work to do to the car before I can beat on it... since I got it running back in Feb I just got super lazy. Kinda wore myself out trying to get it running, so I decided to take a break and have fun with it, not put myself on a schedule.

Anyway, look forward to coming out sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Hey Mike. It was fun hanging out with you & your girlfriend the other day. Your car is intense.
Hey Jon. Yeah man, about your car: I paused for a few seconds when you showed me your motor. I knew something was very wrong with it, but at the same time so right I gotta go for a ride in that thing sometime. Too bad it was raining! Thanks again for treating us to coffee, next time it's on me

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #8

I want one. I saw one for sale with a built LS6 and pretty much every mod for that car goin for $90k.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
I want one. I saw one for sale with a built LS6 and pretty much every mod for that car goin for $90k.
That's crazy talk prices these days.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #10

Default way too expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Wow, that's outta control. I could see maybe $30k for a real well done up car that was super clean... but a lot of sellers are unrealistic about their asking prices. That guy would never sell it @ that price. People try to price stuff so they get their money back and then some with cars they built up or modded... good luck with that. I know it can be done if you have some luck and are careful about how you spend, and if you can find the right buyer.

Anyway, I've seen some really nice ones with all kinds of go fast goodies go for 20-30k in the last year or two. At least that's the impression I got from reading "for sale thread" crap on the 'net. For all I know it could have been more... or less.

EDIT: Look at this black one. It's about as nice as they come... and he was asking 29k OBO. 485 hp/425 tq /w ls1 + all kinds of crap.

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

2001 DC4 Acura Integra