Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
I, Vettezuki

The economic explanation is pretty simple and sort of what Carlos was hinting at. Mustangs have everything from wonderful, beautiful, expertly done modifications to . . . uh, I think you missed a spot . . with the duck tape. Vettes don't have that kind of spread. Not even in the South where they are pretty common and fairly cheap do they reach quite the same, errr, bottom. The reason is entry level price and availability. That's it. Keep going up the spectrum and you see less modification at all. How many modified Ferraris are there?

It's actually a pretty interesting sociological/economic subject.

But when I typed in American Rice Mustang and that popped up, I knew I had to pull the pin on the grenade and toss it in the room. Boooom muthafuckas!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #22
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
How is any of it factual? "IMO" means my opinion. I get there are more mustangs, I get that parts are cheaper, I've been in the mustang scene a long time, been a member of countless clubs and mustang owners piss me off the most. More Chinese parts for mustangs than vettes, but every vette owner I've met at shows has said with the biggest grin on their face about the cost of their parts. I'm disgusted at how much money the 87 has in it.
It's all pretty factual. 68650 Mustangs sold in 2012 12,841 Corvettes were sold in the same time frame. Thats roughly 5 to 1. How many sub 1:50 mustangs do you see at California Speedway? I've seen 1. I can think of at least a dozen Corvettes that will go below 1:50 everytime.

So I basically shared a review of the C7 and stated that I am considering selling my 2013 5.0 in order to make room for the C7. I was asked if I could achieve the performance of the vette in the stang for the same money. I say no, because I haven't seen any Mustang that can hang with my vette at California Speedway. I will admit that thing would be different on another track or drag racing.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
. . . I will admit that thing would be different on another track or drag racing.
What kind of road courses would equalize towards the Mustang? I'm guessing just ones that are less "technical" and have more open stretches where power mods can help to keep up the average speed and therefore ET?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
Internet Tough Guy

Flat, smooth, and no transitions. The other track is a drag racing track. Live axles are superior to IRS in a straight line.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

Its been proven time and again that a proper three link on a mustang can hang with an IRS.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #26
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Its been proven time and again that a proper three link on a mustang can hang with an IRS.
Maybe keep up with a Camaro that is 500lbs heavier, but it will not keep up with a equally prepared corvette. Now if you got your Max project together maybe you will prove me wrong. Probably not though.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Maybe keep up with a Camaro that is 500lbs heavier, but it will not keep up with a equally prepared corvette. Now if you got your Max project together maybe you will prove me wrong. Probably not though.
Max is neither three link nor a road course car.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Source comparing apples to apples isolating 3-link vs. IRS?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #29
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I was looking before I left for the gym, it's easy to find comparisons of mustang IRS vs 3 link mustang. Not so much others,I'll look more when I'm home.I do know that if the owner of griggs can pull a 1.29 At willow in his car(fox mustang) then there are others as well.

Stopping the world!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
From fastest laps
http://fastestlaps.com/cars/ford_mustang_gt_50.html
http://fastestlaps.com/cars/porsche_997_carrera_s.html
http://fastestlaps.com/cars/porsche_997_turbo.html

Quote:
Willow Springs 1:37.60 28/64
Willow Springs 1:37.09 27/64
Willow Springs 1:38.53 39/64
I'd say that's comparable to IRS.

Stopping the world!