Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

Bring me back something yapanese!
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #12

My cousin from Japan is visiting here.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Bring me back something yapanese!
ok.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

Hello from Singapore!

Hope everybody is doing well. This deployment is going well. Pretty much same shit here. I got to see a giant water spout int he middle of the ocean while we were surface transiting. Crazy! It was loud, but too dark too see with the naked eye. It lit up using IR.

A couple of car updates:
1) I finally finished paying for my wedding next April, so I can start ordering parts again! (not really a car thing, but it was definitely the most limiting issue)

2) My duallie had two flats tires the morning we got underway and was running like shit. I had to turn around and park it. It sounded like it was flooded and after it ran for a couple of minutes it was running smooth, but smoking a lot. If anyone knows a good diesel place in downtown SD that would be great. I am concerned since my wife would be handling it in my absence and she is not car savvy. With that I am looking for a place to lift the cab and install ARP head studs and o-ringed heads from liberator performance this september.

3) The vette is great still planning on doing the entire 2013 NASA season in TTU. Will be ordering some Areo parts and brakes soon. Excited about finishing the fast 102 install and strapping it to the dyno. Finally, I have to take weight out of the car. A/C, radio, carpets, windshield wipers and motors will all be gone. I bought a pair of OMP racing seats, but ran out of time. If someone is looking for a nice set of factory c6 seats let me know.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #15
pain's fun, hit me again

A cab off is not needed with a 6.0. Everything can be done inside the truck. Also, i wouldnt o-ring the heads unless you're gonna turn it into a drag truck. Do new gaskets and a fresh deck on the heads and you'll be fine.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

The heads are only $700 after the core exchange from liberator performance. I don't think it's necessary, but I can't think of a reason not to do it especially with the history of the 6.0 motor. I have been on powerstrokenation.com and there are several guys with ARP head studs and new gaskets that have still lifted heads. I haven't found a single story of a guy lifted a o-ringed head that wasn't a drag truck. I want 550-600rwhp.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

People are having coolant weeping issues. It may not be lifting them, but they're still burning coolant. Also, most of the guys on the nation didnt deck the heads when they did their studs, that's why they're lifting.

If you want 550-600hp buy my truck, fix the motor issue and you're done

Stopping the world!