Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
enkei... how much power are you pushing?
Nobody knows! We even started a pool on it, but enkei has never dynoed it. I'm sort of pulling it out of my ass, just based on seat of the pants in it and other fast cars I've been in, plus the engine combo, and I think I put my money down on 575WHP . . . when it's all working.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Nah, like I said. He was probably only putting down in the 370-390 range. 90% of ford engine combos arent put together right and if I had my choice the blue car would have an ls3 instead of its whimpy little 308
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Ben, I know Id never get anywhere near that top speed. Haha. And ps, I love you for that estimate.

Also, keep in mind after lower and smaller tires, my c3 is 5 inches lower than stock in the front.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #24
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ron, if you're building up your engine and have any intention to do flying mile type stuff, I'm under the ipmression ring gaps are critical for blown applications. Basically they have to be kept much looser so they can expand at the much harsher long WOT period, otherwise they can actually melt. That's what I remember from the later cobras. Actually might been the piston heads themselves that started binding in the motor. The down side of course is that you'll have a "loose" motor for more normal driving.
I plan to gap the rings to .022 for the top ring and .018 for the second ring. I'm also going to be running Probe SRS pistons and will have the bore finish honed for a .0045 piston-to-wall clearance just like we did with the 331 we built for Eric's Mustang.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I plan to gap the rings to .022 for the top ring and .018 for the second ring. I'm also going to be running Probe SRS pistons and will have the bore finish honed for a .0045 piston-to-wall clearance just like we did with the 331 we built for Eric's Mustang.
Spot on, thats what the silver engine came out to
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Maybe after finishing the current projects within a generation or so, we could build a Motorgen top speed car and take it to the flats. That'd be fun.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #27
Super Moderator

I filed mine to 24 and 20, minimum for the second ring was 14 but they recommended alot more. Didnt feel like fucking around to make 3hp
Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #28
pain's fun, hit me again

I moved the other posts to their own thread to clean up everything. They're more at home there.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ben, I know Id never get anywhere near that top speed. Haha. And ps, I love you for that estimate.

Also, keep in mind after lower and smaller tires, my c3 is 5 inches lower than stock in the front.
Let's change it from an estimate to a solid number. I happen to know of a dyno day in Upland at 10am on Sunday September 30th. $50 for 4 pulls there are limited slots available so don't go telling everyone and their mom. No excuses now. There might be a cobalt and a Sky red line there that will give you a run for you money on the rollers though. They are both Turbo swapped and they should get close to 500 to the ground.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Maybe after finishing the current projects within a generation or so, we could build a Motorgen top speed car and take it to the flats. That'd be fun.
If you drop an LS block in anything I have HP tuners, and I know a good tuner who will help us out. I'll donate the time and money for the tuning.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.