Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-01-2008, 12:47 AM   #11
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ahahaha! Nice.

Hondas mechanically are pretty reliable. They do make a lot of cheap soft parts though, like CV boots and window rollers. I would definitely take a Corolla over a Civic. Then again, the new Hondas are getting much better...
ewwww corolla!!! wait what year? If it's an AE86 I'd take it over the SRT for damn sure!!! Hachi Rokku !!!

I like the motor.. certain things must certainly be improved on for Hondas, however the pure technical brilliance... Integra Type R comes to mind. The engineering of that car was fantastic. Way ahead of it's time. (I know it says "Acura" but in Japan it says HONDA and the motor says HONDA so HONDA it shall be!)

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:48 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
That's only because she doesn't post on here.

And if I had to build a motor new HEADS and cam, then my little prick brother can do it too. His car already has cool wheels, is lowered and has decent paint. I would have taken this over the Vette in highschool.
Is the primary function of this car

a- go fast?
b- look fast and attract poonany?

Probably b, which is a lot safer.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
Super Moderator

B

And more importantly he has to think it's fast, and since he's never been in my Vette WOT. He will think this is fast, because relative to other cars, it is. Don't look down on me guys, he is only 16! And 3-400 hp in a rwd lsd car is a scary thing to give an immature 16 year old, and this 16 year old is no exception, he is NOT mature for his age.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
Super Moderator

And Boostn, I hate to break your heart, but Civics are ugly! Not as ugly as Corollas, but hey, a Civic ain't attractive IMO. The 90s Civics were better looking than most other Econo rockets of the era, and yeah the Integra would take the cake. But hey... they're econo rockets. Not sleek sexy sports cars.

I'm talking about pure reliability. And for that, I'd buy the Corolla.

Sorry to any women who I might have offended. This is a totally different story if you buy the car in white and paste a pink roxy sticker on the back.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #15
Boost Junkie

Quote:
And Boostn, I hate to break your heart, but Civics are ugly! Not as ugly as Corollas, but hey, a Civic ain't attractive IMO. The 90s Civics were better looking than most other Econo rockets of the era, and yeah the Integra would take the cake. But hey... they're econo rockets. Not sleek sexy sports cars.

I'm talking about pure reliability. And for that, I'd buy the Corolla.

Sorry to any women who I might have offended. This is a totally different story if you buy the car in white and paste a pink roxy sticker on the back.
I should have specified... pre 2001 Civics. The year they gave the SI back its hatchback was the day I stopped liking them. THAT one is ugly.. I'll find a nice one to show you tonight... They have made improvements to the newer model civic SI and 4 door as well. i'm partial to the Civic Type R actually.. 1999 Civic SI

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Is it possible to find old Eclipse GS-X's in that price range?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #17
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Is it possible to find old Eclipse GS-X's in that price range?
I'm answering my own question, you can but they're a little rough. Examples:

First, Second, Third.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #18
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
HAHA k but 75k and 240whp still strong! Haven't had any major issues. I'm still a honda guy at heart... I thought in all honesty that Ford had a worse reputation then Dodge though...
The latest reliability numbers put Ford ahead of all American automakers and all the US automakers are making strides to close the gap with the imports pretty much.

Ford also has the best safety ratings (by the IIHS) of ANY automaker for 2009 models.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #19
Super Moderator

1st one doesn't look bad at all. But at 110K miles, I'd rather not have to worry about the extra hardware. (AWD transaxle and the Turbo) I called the guy about the 2nd one, it has issues, he had it hopped up to 29psi and... it has issues. 3rd one is gay, very very gay.

I've told this kid many times, hop on the internet, check out some cars, I'll check them out. But he always wants the last thing that I suggested, whatever the latest jazz so to speak. If he doesn't care, I'm not going to stress. The Mustang gets my mechanical approval, if my parents decided to buy it, it's a done deal.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
The latest reliability numbers put Ford ahead of all American automakers and all the US automakers are making strides to close the gap with the imports pretty much.

Ford also has the best safety ratings (by the IIHS) of ANY automaker for 2009 models.
But once again, it hasn't been long enough to tell in respect to the big stuff. We now know that the 3.0L V6 that Ford makes is shit after 100K miles. Didn't know that early 00s.