Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #1

Default New guy on here! met some of you at motorgen meet

Whats up fellas, newbie on this forum I met seanplunk and a few others at the meet at Sonic the other day, so I figured I'd join this site since it gives love to all cars as I do!
Basically I love cars and motorcycles!
I own a 2008 Evo X with a bigger intercooler, test pipe (stock catback), intake and ecu flash put out 334whp and 329tq (stock evo X reads 255whp on this same dyno)
I also have a yamaha 05 R6
Not a newbie thou, had a few other cars- cavalier on nitrous (first car),
EG 93 civic hatchback with GSR motor swap and all bolt ons and jdm blingness and also owned a 03 Sube WRX with all the bolt ons and a FP18g turbo.
Now my new fun car is the Evo X planning on a buncha goodies for this eventually. you guys know how it is thou!
See you guys at the next meet!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Welcome aboard! Cavalier on the squeeze? That's baller territory. We'll be out at the track on December 6 (maybe 7). If you're out come and hang, we'll have some pop-ups, we'll be taking video and other good stuff. Peace out.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Welcome aboard! Cavalier on the squeeze? That's baller territory. We'll be out at the track on December 6 (maybe 7). If you're out come and hang, we'll have some pop-ups, we'll be taking video and other good stuff. Peace out.
Nice to meet ya! Which Evo X did you roll in?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
Whats up fellas, newbie on this forum I met seanplunk and a few others at the meet at Sonic the other day, so I figured I'd join this site since it gives love to all cars as I do!
Basically I love cars and motorcycles!
I own a 2008 Evo X with a bigger intercooler, test pipe (stock catback), intake and ecu flash put out 334whp and 329tq (stock evo X reads 255whp on this same dyno)
I also have a yamaha 05 R6
Not a newbie thou, had a few other cars- cavalier on nitrous (first car),
EG 93 civic hatchback with GSR motor swap and all bolt ons and jdm blingness and also owned a 03 Sube WRX with all the bolt ons and a FP18g turbo.
Now my new fun car is the Evo X planning on a buncha goodies for this eventually. you guys know how it is thou!
See you guys at the next meet!
Hey man, glad you signed up. It was nice to meet you. Sorry we missed you on the cruise, we went to get gas and I was asking about you but people thought you guys had already headed towards PCH We'll do better at the next one - we're going to move to a location that wants us there and then do another cruise. Hopefully I'll see you at the meet in December, I love your car
Old 11-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #5

haha yes cavalier on squeeze and still slow (but that was about 10 years ago when I was 19 and didnt know anything)
Came in the White Evo X.
Yeah we lost you guys because we did'nt know you guys went to the gas station first. But next time!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
haha yes cavalier on squeeze and still slow (but that was about 10 years ago when I was 19 and didnt know anything)
Came in the White Evo X.
Yeah we lost you guys because we did'nt know you guys went to the gas station first. But next time!
Were you at the recent SoCal Evo meet at Tuning Techologies?

I was there taking video. Here it is.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #7

A couple pics to put a face or should I say car to the screename

and a pic of the previous car
Old 11-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
A couple pics to put a face or should I say car to the screename

and a pic of the previous car
It looks great, I especially like the top picture The #'s are pretty stout too. What do you think it's good for in the quarter?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

If my Protege 5 ever gives up, hopefully many years from now, I'd seriously consider an Evo for my "practical car" . . . especially if E85 becomes readily available.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It looks great, I especially like the top picture The #'s are pretty stout too. What do you think it's good for in the quarter?
No idea what I'd personally run in it (have not dragged in years) but to give you a estimate of the car, other guys are running mid/low 12's with this set up.
One guy ran his car with 320ish whp with just the reflashed ecu (stock intake, exhaust and everything) and ran a 12.3@110mph
Fastest stock turbo is in the 11's with a couple more bolt ons then me, not tuned (hes using a boost controller)
The car is very new still (new motor from previous evos). Mods are just starting to pour out. But from all the tuners they are showing this motor is making more power with simple mods then previous evos. (which helps make up for its extra pork!)
and there are a couple upgraded turbo Evo x' running high 10's and low 11's on the stock engine!
AMS just won the USCC challenge in there bolt on/turbo upgrade Evo X pushing 480whp on the stock motor!
No ones blown a motor from to much boost/power yet, motor seems stout (forged pistons,rods, crankshaft) but only time will tell since its still so new and the highest milage modded Evo X is around 20k miles