Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Thats a steal! ...prob cuz it was stolen, haha, jk. Nice man! I like your gf even more after reading this... for you to trust her with a blown v8, she must know how to handle a car pretty well.
Well, we did meet at irwindale while she was racing her car. Who knows if the blower was stolen, he had a 96 and said he bought it and found out it wasnt for a 4.6. He originally had the kit listed at 1500 but i offered him 500 then we settled on 650 if I came the same day. Everything I bought kinda went the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Shaolin has the record for most vehicles owned . . while riding a bike as a primary mode of transport.
I've been enjoying it actually. I get about 10 miles in a day, and i've been considering keeping the biking to work going even after it's done. It keeps the 6 pack even if i have lost 15lbs of muscle I need to get back to the gym and start lifting again.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 08-29-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Who wants a six pack when you can have a keg?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Guy... you said you wanted Nitto NT05s for your car. Those are street tires. If you really only intend to race your car on the track why not NT01s? Those are even street legal because theyre DOT approved but theyre made for the track.

And is that blue car an automatic? Stock diff? Soft front springs? Or was it meant to handle?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Im going to go with the stickiest DOT legal tire I can get next time I get tires. Ive got 275s now, going to try to fit 295s next time. Hopefully I wont have to chop up and weld the frame
Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Guy... you said you wanted Nitto NT05s for your car. Those are street tires. If you really only intend to race your car on the track why not NT01s? Those are even street legal because theyre DOT approved but theyre made for the track.

And is that blue car an automatic? Stock diff? Soft front springs? Or was it meant to handle?
I have NT05's for when I cruise on the street, they're an amazing cold tire though. I use Hoosier R6's for track days but they take a while to be warmed up. I was more please with the NT05's wet traction as well. I dont drive it much on the street so they last me a while. The Hoosiers not so much

The blue car was meant to be an all around performer. Its a TKO trans, MM adjustable RLCA, KYB whites, saleen race craft springs, cobra brakes. 31spl forged axles with a carbon fiber clutch pack LSD, MM panhard bar, strut tower brace and i'm still piecing together a few parts I want, like swaybars, but mostly that's it.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #26
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Im going to go with the stickiest DOT legal tire I can get next time I get tires. Ive got 275s now, going to try to fit 295s next time. Hopefully I wont have to chop up and weld the frame
I would run 275's. They have more size options and if an x275 outlaw car can run a 7 second pass with 275 drag radials then we'll be fine.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
Super Moderator

Nice, but why not Nitto NT555 if you never race on the street? Theyd last you forever
Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #28
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Nice, but why not Nitto NT555 if you never race on the street? Theyd last you forever
The NT05's have better cold traction and wet traction. It makes them perfect for auto-x . I may not race on the street but there are plenty of jackass drivers that make having a 200 treadwear tire nice. There were a few times I was cut off or someone pulled in front of me and i'm positive the tires and brakes kept me from getting into an accident.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
The NT05's have better cold traction and wet traction. It makes them perfect for auto-x . I may not race on the street but there are plenty of jackass drivers that make having a 200 treadwear tire nice. There were a few times I was cut off or someone pulled in front of me and i'm positive the tires and brakes kept me from getting into an accident.
Come on... You can't bullshit someone with a doctorate in bullshitting. Haha
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Come on... You can't bullshit someone with a doctorate in bullshitting. Haha
I'm serious, the NT05's dont need to be warmed to hook. I drove to a few car shows with the the R6's on and it was like driving on ice and forget it if you drove through water. I let Shawn drive it after i dialed the bumpsteer and he almost made me shit my pants with how badly the tires held during a cold morning. And they were pretty much dog shit for auto-x. They dont get run for long enough to get sticky. The NT05's are the best tire i've ran to date. I'll be running the same tires on the blue car. Ray said he was getting 20k out of them at nearly 700rwhp on his shelby and I believe it.

Stopping the world!