Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Engine Options
Pull Engine, replace freeze plugs and rear main. Drive Now. 8 88.89%
Pull engine, rebuild with better parts. Unknown time for completion. But lots more power. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default Project "Black Mantis"

So you all saw the pics the seller sent me. Well today we got him back to the shop and I got started on scrubbing the nasty ass interior and trying to get rid of the smoke smell. Its dark, so the pictures look worse then before I started, its just wet. I removed most of the interior to get better leverage and into the little nooks to shampoo and scrub. Also started scrubbing the interior plastic to remove all the grubby-ness. Pics in the morning will show the progress.

Also on the agenda is fixing the front tank fuel pump, changing the rotted out freeze plugs and detailing the entire truck. Short plans are as follows.

Roush 200cc heads
Custom grind cam .556/.556 218/218 114*
Crane gold rockers
Long tubes
New cats
Custom side exit exhaust
Fixing various interior stuff
Brakes, fluids, blah blah

Sellers pics for those who didnt see

Todays pics.

Not looking to go crazy with this truck, just want to fix the small dents, buff all the scuffs out, give it a good wax and make it look like a presentable daily. The engine is being replaced because the very leaky rear main seal and the truck having 200k miles and me already having everything for it.

Not bad for $1500
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
. . . Not bad for $1500
Not at all.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Looks like you got your hands full and pockets empty! It looks good though for 1.5k

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Pockets are definitely empty. I guess its a good thing I have stock piled so many ford parts. I have extra exhaust manifold gaskets, freeze plugs, fuel pumps, window switches, etc

I should have it drivable by tomorrow afternoon, then i'll continue to clean the interior, and boy does it need it.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #5

DUUUUUDE good pick up. LOL...

Is it an I-beam 4wd or is it leafs in the front? I am pretty sure the 2wd ones had i beams in the front anyways.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

I beams, i dont think the f150's came with a solid axle

Stopping the world!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

So there isnt enough room to pull the freeze plugs in the truck. Bolts are really rusted so that doesnt help either. Rear main seal is leaking pretty badly. So see poll for options.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Fast & Filthy

If you have to go through the trouble of pulling it you might as well freshen it up.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Yup, normally I would agree. But i'm so broke its not even funny. It will cost nothing(if everything goes smoothly) to pull it, fix the little stuff and put it back in. That way i'm not walking for however long it takes me to get the money together. Short list of stuff
$23 Timing cover gasket
$56 head gaskets
$16 oil pan gasket
$1XX camshaft
$20 Valve cover gaskets
$20 rear main seal
$44 Head studs (cheaper then new bolts)
$60 Pushrods
$100 lifters
$120 Machine work
$33 Intake gasket
$50 Intake porting
Thats ~$751 I dont have right now.

Thats bare minimum of stuff. That will also NEED better headers, new cats and an exhaust made.

Probably would take me a month or more the get the additional money for that, time I could be driving the vehicle if I pull it out and change the important stuff. However I know its really needed on a truck this old.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #10

While looking through the photos I suddenly got the image of:
I vote fix it & drive it now.