Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #41
pain's fun, hit me again

Has a 10 rib drive belt so its good for 10-15psi. Will be getting some afr's and probaly a short runner style intake, as well as an a2w intercooler should be good for mid 4XX to low 5XX with a smog lega cam.

Boosten ya: I appreciate the comments I worked very hard on dedicated service and only hope Max comes out even nicer.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosten ya View Post
want to trade? Hahaha. Btw nice fox bodies. Can't wait to see them finished.
You got a fox body to trade me? LOL

Are you going to be able to get all 10-15 psi in there on 91 octane? what internals are you planning on? Or are you planing on running race fuel or an ethanol? I say ethanol but everyone knows I'm slightly biased. Its pretty good for how much it costs. Or perhaps pump gas with a meth injection system? This whole build is interesting me alot... It's coming together like something I would love to do in the future to a Fox body if I can find one in the right shape for the right price. Sorry for so many questions... I get all excited sometimes.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #43
pain's fun, hit me again

I'll never run ethanol or e85, that shit is nasty. Stock internals will easily outlast the stock block, up till 93 foxes came stock with trw forged pistons so as long as you have a safe tune those will be fine. The block tends to split in the 450+ range and the pistons, rods and cranks are good for at least 550, I wont run meth since that stuff is highly corrosive as well. A little bitty 302 with decent heads and 10psi with a good flowing intake and some sort of charge cooler will easily make 500rwhp, pass smog and you can keep the a/c unlike the turbo kits for foxes.

As far as tuning it will easily run on 91 octane.

My advice is to buy one of the rollers on the www.corral.net, you'll generally find ones that are substantially modified less a heart and will/can be purchased for around .30c on the dollar and will be in great shape.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
You got a fox body to trade me? LOL

Are you going to be able to get all 10-15 psi in there on 91 octane? what internals are you planning on? Or are you planing on running race fuel or an ethanol? I say ethanol but everyone knows I'm slightly biased. Its pretty good for how much it costs. Or perhaps pump gas with a meth injection system? This whole build is interesting me alot... It's coming together like something I would love to do in the future to a Fox body if I can find one in the right shape for the right price. Sorry for so many questions... I get all excited sometimes.
My ms3.

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 06-12-2011, 03:22 AM   #45
pain's fun, hit me again

my build on my 87 for the people that care to see it http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...d-service.html

Keep in mind i went back and fixed alot of stuff that i didnt post about in that thread, management got me fed up with that site so i stopped updating it

Stopping the world!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #46
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Are you going to be able to get all 10-15 psi in there on 91 octane? what internals are you planning on?
The plan he has is basically what I have in my Cobra now only he'll be using an intercool and I don't. I have a stock short block 302 with forged Probe SRS pistons, box stock AFR 165 heads, a ported Saleen/Vortech intake and a Vortech S-Trim like he just bought with the stock 3.33 pulley. The blower made 9-10 psi with the factory CAI supplied by Vortech and now makes 11-12 with a UPR CAI. With 91 I put down 436rwhp and 471rwhp on VP100. With the addition of an intercooler he should make about 50rwhp more on 91 than I am.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #47
pain's fun, hit me again

Ron is your stock pulley a 6 rib or 8 rib? My plan is to run about 15 psi and see what it puts down and 8'll slowly back it down, debating whether I should run the power cooler or mondo cooler, at this point I already have the mondo cooler just not crazy about running a 5" cowl.

Stopping the world!
Old 06-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #48
pain's fun, hit me again

Well i found a complete power cooler kit for $600 which is too cheap to pass up (like all the things i bought this week) and includes the special valve covers needed to clear the tubing, so i guess i'll be selling the mondo cooler, Ron, wanna after cool your car?

Stopping the world!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #49

Very nice cooler there! I wanted to run a liquid to air intercooler, but opted for the air to air due to the lack of space under the hood I have.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #50
pain's fun, hit me again

Thanks! I've done about 3 install for them now and the definitely do cramp up the engine bay, along with the fact that the kit requires the tank be mounted where the battery is, since it has a high volume water pump I may mount it in the trunk instead of putting the battery there.

Stopping the world!