Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette
True true. Someone might have dropped it, causing a hairline fracture. Or it might have been in an accident. This trans was probably moved around a lot, from the junkyard, to the speedshop.

I'm free tomorrow during the day, and Wednesday all day and night. I'm leaving for Big Bear this Friday, but after Xmas I should have loads of free time.

Great. How's today (12/26)?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #22
Super Moderator

What's up with the trans G money? Rebuilt yet?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
What's up with the trans G money? Rebuilt yet?

The internals looked okay. The shop says probably by Friday. Soo ah, how's your friday

PS Got my DS from O.C. Driveline today. They did very nice work at a fair price. It's a new shaft with new Gucci Spicer joints, cleaned up yoke and balanced of course: $230.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki
The internals looked okay. The shop says probably by Friday. Soo ah, how's your friday

PS Got my DS from O.C. Driveline today. They did very nice work at a fair price. It's a new shaft with new Gucci Spicer joints, cleaned up yoke and balanced of course: $230.
$230
Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
$230

HA! I should do an actual price breakdown and analysis of how much my conversion cost if you think that's anything.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #26
Super Moderator

Buy those blades yet?
Old 01-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Buy those blades yet?
Que es "blades"?

I did get the metal spherical joints and solid pinion mount. I got both TAs off and the spindle apart from one of them, oh so much fun. Honestly, the play was from the spindle nut, just had to tighten it down, but I figure, this is a good learning project from the more advanced DIY realm so I'm going for it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki
Que es "blades"?

I did get the metal spherical joints and solid pinion mount. I got both TAs off and the spindle apart from one of them, oh so much fun. Honestly, the play was from the spindle nut, just had to tighten it down, but I figure, this is a good learning project from the more advanced DIY realm so I'm going for it.
Blades to cut that TA bolt. How did you get it out?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:19 AM   #29
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Blades to cut that TA bolt. How did you get it out?
Oh, those blades. Yeah, I cut it out. It was a lot of fun.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)