Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default The Birth of "El Bandito"

After forever thinking about getting a bike, the stars aligned to provide an opportunity I just couldn't refuse. Even I questioned the wisdom of starting with a bike whose engine is based on a bored out GSXR1100, but it's mildly tuned and designed for easy comfortable riding. I guess it falls into what would now be called a sport touring bike.

I just putted around the neighborhood tonight a little and it's very friendly. I'm curious to see how it pans out, but it seems that it may have a personality very similar to my Vette. Plenty of power torque, fast for sure, but with perfectly sedate street manors. One thing I like about it is how much torque it has; you can just let out the clutch and it will idle away, now throttling and slipping the clutch like on maybe some of the highly strung lower displacement super-bikes.

It seems this bike has a bit of reputation in Europe for being a hooligans bike, or a typical foundation for a street fighter. I'll have some better pics all cleaned up soon, but here's the status earlier tonight.

And more pics on its vehicle page.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
A Motorgen O.G.

How much did you end up picking that up for? All I remember is that it was a hell of a deal...
Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
A Motorgen O.G.

And is that now a total of 6 vehicles you have at your house?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
How much did you end up picking that up for? All I remember is that it was a hell of a deal...
$1,800 for the bike. 4,500 miles, VERY well maintained.

Including some closeouts from retailers, my all in price for:

Bike
DMV Taxes/Fees
One Year of Insurance
Helmet, Jacket, Gloves
MSF Course

about $2,700.

It really was in the terriotry of if I am going to try riding a bike to see if I like, it wasn't going to get any better.

It was also my former boss's bike, who is returning to Japan. I've worked with him from my start, so there's some nostalgia involved too. Kind of a souvenir.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
And is that now a total of 6 vehicles you have at your house?
Well, yes. If you think the bike was a good deal, I paid $1 for the truck. The goddamned DMV charged me 100% tax on that. (Apparently they have a minimum. )

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Awesome bike, very cool. Keep it upright!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Awesome bike, very cool. Keep it upright!

Thanks man. When you get yours someday, maybe sooner than later, we can ride.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
Internet Tough Guy

Cool Bike! Let's race
Old 10-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Cool Bike! Let's race
I'd prefer to beat you in my old Vette. Oh snap.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
FWD = FAIL

gratz on the bike I'm still down to give you some pointers if you like whenever.