Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #1

Default Knott's Berry Farm Ford show pic's of my car & a bit of the history behind it.....

I picked this one up 11 months ago for $900.00 in a trailer park in Ohi<sp?> California(on the edge of Santa Barbara). Four flats, rotted out top, rotted interior, bad window motors that had been down for years, rusted through trunk lid fron the salty air, dead battery, blown head gasket between #1 & #2 cylinders.... I bought it on the spot since it was almost identical to the '89 'vert I bought off of my mom years ago; but a fully loaded semi ran it over while leaving work one day. I also admit that I knew the rare combination of 3R medium smoke metallic blue paint & factory blue top is quite the uncommon combination in a foxbody.... Yes, it's been allot of $ in a very short time; but most of the work is my own.... and I have a worse for the wear back to prove it. I'm quite proud of it of course and enjoy driving it every day to and from work. Who knows what another 12 months may bring?

List of pertinent mods as well as I can remember them:
Stock short block, not rebuilt, around 105,000 original miles on it
Mild custom cam from Cam Dynamics; slightly bigger than an "E"
AFR165'S, 1.6 roller rockers, "self" ported Explorer intake
70mm T.B., 75mm mass air, 24lbs inj., MSD6AL, Diablo chip, power pullies,
3G alt., Taurus electric fan, Magna Flow catted x-pipe, bastardized cat-back, 3.73 gear, Explorer diff., MM roll cage, welded sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, etcetera...... Dyno's 280rwhp in smog legal trim..... Weighs a "portly" 3,390lbs ready to race.....

Thanks fer look'in!

Top up shots from the Fontana Drags the month before....

Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple View Post
. . . I'm quite proud of it of course and enjoy driving it every day.
That's what it's all about. Too bad the guys couldn't find you on Sunday, I guess it was really spread out. Might you make the Street Legals this Saturday?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Anthony, I'm totally bummed out I didn't see you on Sunday. I was looking with the Fox's more by the Saleen booth - sorry!! Are you coming out to the street legals? If not, we should go to the Mustang meet in Savi Ranch (Yorba Linda) on a Sunday this month.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's what it's all about. Too bad the guys couldn't find you on Sunday, I guess it was really spread out. Might you make the Street Legals this Saturday?
Heh, heh.... They shoved the fox 'verts in the furthest corner of the parking lot; well south east of the hard top foxbodies. Pluses= shade and a wall to block the cool early morning breeze. Minuses= "Lost in the sauce" in a sea of Mustangs!

Wow...... This Saturday? Hmmmmm....... 50\50 right now..... My Dad is a big NFL junkie and I believe he expects me to be at his place to watch the draft pic's happening this Saturday..... We'll see is all I can say right now.....
Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Anthony, I'm totally bummed out I didn't see you on Sunday. I was looking with the Fox's more by the Saleen booth - sorry!! Are you coming out to the street legals? If not, we should go to the Mustang meet in Savi Ranch (Yorba Linda) on a Sunday this month.
More details please.....
Old 04-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

The street legal drags are this weekend at California Speedway, the cost to race is $20. You should get to the track by 6 A.M. if you want to race. It's crowded A link to the event on our calendar can be found here.

The Savi Ranch meet is a group of Mustang guys every Sunday in Yorba Linda. It starts at 12:30 I believe. A link to this event can be found here.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

Boy thats really awesome work to get it from torn down to that in less than 11 months. What are your future plans for the car?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
The Savi Ranch meet is a group of Mustang guys every Sunday in Yorba Linda. It starts at 12:30 I believe. A link to this event can be found here.
Hey Sean..... Sounds interesting. Any chance of getting a bit of a confirmation when everyone gets together there? It's a bit of a drive to get there & I'm willing to do it; but I don't like the idea of going & "Oops.... two hours from now is when the get together happens.....".
Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonage6591 View Post
Boy thats really awesome work to get it from torn down to that in less than 11 months. What are your future plans for the car?
Thanks. Future plans involve some minor stuff like Tokico adjustible struts & shocks, 5-way harness & fire jacket for the track, a fresh T5Z trans that's sitting on my garage floor, & a stout 342cid stroker... The engine is mostly done; but getting it past smog might be a bit challenging...
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
Super Moderator

An explorer intake and diff huh? Do you know what the highest factory explorer diff ratio is? And those are all LSD right?