Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #51

Had an awesome time.. Thanks for putting this together and letting me hang with you guys.

Carlos: Nice save..
That was too much fun on the way down.. It was priceless when that neon was mashing on the gas and his hub cap fell off..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #52
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAsnakes View Post
Had an awesome time.. Thanks for putting this together and letting me hang with you guys.

That was too much fun on the way down.. It was priceless when that neon was mashing on the gas and his hub cap fell off..
No problem, it was nice to meet you too - I promise we'll invite you back for the next one. And yes, that was a hell of a save Carlos
Old 08-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #53
Resident Avatar Gambler

I had a blast by the way - thank you to everyone that made it out.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #54
Resident Avatar Gambler

This is from TurboBuick, but this is what happened with the GN that broke down - glad it was nothing too serious.

"I learned some things today whiole climbing Hwy 2 in my GN....

Apparently...Turbo Buicks don't like altitude
Apparently...Turbo Buicks don't like altitude and high temps (220-237) at the same time
Apprarently....they also don't like the above while going uphill
Apparently....all the above together will possibly cause the buggers to vapor lock and leave you stranded on a lonely desert mountain hwy where there is no cell phone coverage...
hmmmmph...
Who knew?

Thank you Sytech for coming back 6 miles down the hill and rescuing me. Car was misfiring and chugging to a stall at low rpm. It would start back up, idel for a minute or two and then sputter to a stall again.

Before Sytech came back to help me, my buddy and I had tried a few things in a panic. Unplugged the MAF...no change...unplugged the TPS....no change....fixed a loose ground screw near the battery....no change...pulled my alky chip, turned the boost down to 13 lbs, turned off the alky, put the non-Alky TT chip in...of course...no change.....

Know what else I learned once I got home and reset my tune.

Apparently....if your spark plugs are loose in their sockets and the gap a little too wide (0.35 instead of 0.32)....it'll contribute to the above issues and really rob your power....huh.....
Who knew?
Sytech taught me this on the road side on Hwy 2 as we pulled, inspected, cleaned and regapped my plugs during his rescue mission. They were all kinda loose. I guess I was too gentle when I installed them 8 mos ago.

Once I got home, put my alky chip back in and turned the boost back up to 18 lbs...I took it our for a romp to be sure everything is back to normal....and the bonus is....the car feels a ton stronger than it did at 19lbs before all this happened.

Hey Spoolfool....I think I might now be able to break that 76 mph barrier in the 8th we ran into a couple weeks back while we set up my Alky tune. Butt dyno says so. I even beat up on a Porsche Cayman S to be sure. They are supposed to be mid 13 cars....I started from behind him at a light. He took off and I was passing him with ease before we hit 75mph

I'll hook up the laptop and do a few pulls in the next couple days and let you know what the direct Scan says.

Pappa Lou....I promose not to hurt the motor before bringing it to you for that work."
Old 08-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #55
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I agree, but I didn't want to be the one to say it

Did you check your watch for the time when we rolled into LA?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #56
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Did you check your watch for the time when we rolled into LA?
Yeah, it was 11:21
Old 08-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #57
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAsnakes View Post

I also had a great time and wanted to thank you. It was nice meeting everyone today.

So what happened with Carlos? My nephew and I took off first and he got pulled over by the CHP at the diner.

Also for us newbies, would somebody mind making us a list of the cars and who they belonged to? I'll start it.

White 1994 Cobra - Ron Cooper (94cobra69ss396) / Passenger - Jeremy Born
1997 GSXR 750 - Eric Born (eric97srad)
Old 08-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #58
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I also had a great time and wanted to thank you. It was nice meeting everyone today.

So what happened with Carlos? My nephew and I took off first and he got pulled over by the CHP at the diner.

Also for us newbies, would somebody mind making us a list of the cars and who they belonged to? I'll start it.

White 1994 Cobra - Ron Cooper (94cobra69ss396) / Passenger - Jeremy Born
1997 GSXR 750 - Eric Born (eric97srad)
I didn't see Carlos get pulled over, I actually thought it was Eric that got pulled over. As we reached the last couple miles coming down the hill some guy in a Scion xB was driving seriously 20mph. People started honking and all kind of stuff and the guy would not pull over. We had like a line of 7 cars. I finally passed him on the right in a turnout after this went on for like 10 minutes. It was pretty crazy. Oh, and for the record, I had the White 04 Mustang Cobra and my name is Sean Plunkett (hence, SeanPlunk).
Old 08-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #59
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I didn't see Carlos get pulled over, I actually thought it was Eric that got pulled over. As we reached the last couple miles coming down the hill some guy in a Scion xB was driving seriously 20mph. People started honking and all kind of stuff and the guy would not pull over. We had like a line of 7 cars. I finally passed him on the right in a turnout after this went on for like 10 minutes. It was pretty crazy. Oh, and for the record, I had the White 04 Mustang Cobra and my name is Sean Plunkett (hence, SeanPlunk).
Sorry Sean, I meant that Eric (my nephew) got pulled over.

The people I now know names for are you, Matt who was filming, Ben who was driving the white Vette and that's it. Sorry, but I'm really bad at remembering names.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #60
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Sorry Sean, I meant that Eric (my nephew) got pulled over.

The people I now know names for are you, Matt who was filming, Ben who was driving the white Vette and that's it. Sorry, but I'm really bad at remembering names.
Did Eric get a ticket?

I think the other names I can remember are:

Paul - 73 White/Red Camaro (kdracer)
Mike - Honda Bike
Adam and his girlfriend Shannon: Yellow 04 Mach 1 (FordFreak)
Ray - Really sweet Grand National/black rims (SyTech)
Andrew - Black Nissan 300ZX
Carlos - The mad bomber in the Black C6 (BADDASSC6)
Paul - Red Z06 Corvette

Let me think on it, I know more will come to me.