Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #11

TUNING ALMOST DONE!!! but i got sweet results already!!!

my car is at 425HP and 400TQ and pulls like a fuckin freight train!!!

im also boosting 28psi on the stock evo 9 turbo

ive been up tuning from midnight to now ad its getting hot so im gonna continue my tuning at night again.

but the car can take a tone more timing and im getting no consistant knock..i just get 1 count of knock every know and then at random rpms i think this is do to the bumpy roads near my house and the fact that i probably still hade about a quart or so of 91 octane still in my tank when i started filling up with e85 so everytime it hits i think it makes a tad bit of know whenever it gets sucked it well im off to sleep im damn tired and feel like a tweeker
Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
TUNING ALMOST DONE!!! but i got sweet results already!!!

my car is at 425HP and 400TQ and pulls like a fuckin freight train!!!

im also boosting 28psi on the stock evo 9 turbo

ive been up tuning from midnight to now ad its getting hot so im gonna continue my tuning at night again.

but the car can take a tone more timing and im getting no consistant knock..i just get 1 count of knock every know and then at random rpms i think this is do to the bumpy roads near my house and the fact that i probably still hade about a quart or so of 91 octane still in my tank when i started filling up with e85 so everytime it hits i think it makes a tad bit of know whenever it gets sucked it well im off to sleep im damn tired and feel like a tweeker

Tweaker. That's awesome. Where are your numbers coming from? Do you have a dyno in your garage? Do you think you'll be going to Fonatana tomorrow? And finally, at those power/torque numbers are you concerned about the clutch/trans?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-12-2008, 02:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Tweaker. That's awesome. Where are your numbers coming from? Do you have a dyno in your garage? Do you think you'll be going to Fonatana tomorrow? And finally, at those power/torque numbers are you concerned about the clutch/trans?

lol im awake again and tweeking my car even more!!!! and yes im going to fontana tomarrow im gonna run a low boost safe tune, and an all out u shouldnt run this shit everyday tune lol!!!

and at this HP the stock clutch will go out soon expecially if i launch lol

but as for the trans stock evo trans can take alot the evo trans and drive train are probably the least touched parts on an evo until u get to 600-700hp on an evo 8 (the helixical slip dif will blow up) and 800hp on an evo9 (your first gear will usually go out form launching)
Old 07-12-2008, 03:29 AM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
lol im awake again and tweeking my car even more!!!! and yes im going to fontana tomarrow im gonna run a low boost safe tune, and an all out u shouldnt run this shit everyday tune lol!!!

and at this HP the stock clutch will go out soon expecially if i launch lol

but as for the trans stock evo trans can take alot the evo trans and drive train are probably the least touched parts on an evo until u get to 600-700hp on an evo 8 (the helixical slip dif will blow up) and 800hp on an evo9 (your first gear will usually go out form launching)
Wow. So the Evo trans is definitely stouter than the the STi trans??? Those guys seem to break them all the time. Are there any beefy aftermarket clutches you could install for your application? I remember an episode on Top Gear where they were talking about an FQ400? and they said it was just a bit too much, the clutch had to be replaced like every 5,000 miles. One thing I like about Vettes (and other domestics) you can thrash the piss out of them and it's just fine. But I ain't gonna lie, your project is awesome. I wanna ride.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Wow. So the Evo trans is definitely stouter than the the STi trans??? Those guys seem to break them all the time. Are there any beefy aftermarket clutches you could install for your application? I remember an episode on Top Gear where they were talking about an FQ400? and they said it was just a bit too much, the clutch had to be replaced like every 5,000 miles. One thing I like about Vettes (and other domestics) you can thrash the piss out of them and it's just fine. But I ain't gonna lie, your project is awesome. I wanna ride.
well i live in rancho cucamonga literally down the street from cali speedway just take cherry north past the 210 till u get to a residential area.

and ill give u a ride anytime. and i reall yneed a helmet if im going to cali speedway now :-( damnit i dont have one!!

oh ya and evo trans are way better then the sti ive met so many broken sti trans and even more wrx with messed up trans. and as for an end all clutch

it would be the exedy twin plate clutch or the exedy triple plate clutch.
on my 04 evo i hade a twin plate installed right b4 it got totalled and i launched on a bike at my redline and it caught at my rev limiter ive never felt such a grabbing force in my life! and i took the bike till half way up 2nd gear!! not to bad considering i was only making 295hp on my old evo.

but ya any stock evo clutches suck ass!!!! end of story.

well imma go drop a duece, fill my car with moonshine, and then head out so if you wanna meet up with me out there pm me for my phone number. or just look for my out there.

i have the silver evo9 with a messed up bumper *sum bitch rear ended me on monday* and the bbs evo MR rims with a shit load of break dust on them. and i have pink tuning technologies stickers on my front and back windshield.