Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #91
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I don't own a Corvette, but as an old guy my answer would have to be...

..."Because I can."
I think since you drag race your mustang you'd be excluded from the old guy population theyre talking about!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #92
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8Dogg98 View Post
Agreed Justin, I wouldn't own a Corvette for the same reason I wouldn't wear the following:

While I agree that Corvette's perform very well for their price point, they're marketed such that they appeal to older men with a desire to look and feel young. I am young, so I don't need to feel young and a synthetic "look at me mobile" would never be something I'd be interested in regardless of my age.

For the kind of money it costs to buy a Vette, I'd buy a Mustang GT for fun and a nice used DD, or something German that I'd drive year round and would also perform well while being very comfortable with excellent build quality and ergonomics. Again, this is just my opinion.

EDIT: I just came up with the perfect metaphor for how I see the Vette. Spandex bicycle outfit = Corvette. The spandex shit makes you more aerodynamic on a bike and likely improves your performance, similar to how a Corvette performs well for what it is. However just like the Corvette, you look like a complete fucking idiot wearing it.

Haha, ouch... I just like Stingrays.

Just curious (asking a question, not arguing) do you think BADASSC6 looks like a fucking idiot driving his race built C6 around the track?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #93
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Ahhhh, I see where you are confused. I detest the styling and typical American lack of luxury (see:MY OPINION) but that doesn't mean I called it a slouch. I can scoot my ass to 190 mph with the same g force in a Honda should I so choose so performance is never the single buying criteria to me. I've gotta like the way it looks, and I just don't.
OIC. So you think theyre impressive machines, just not your style? Just like me and the AMG?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
OIC. So you think theyre impressive machines, just not your style? Just like me and the AMG?
Precisely!

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - DD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Charger R/T - Wife's DD
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #96

I like vettes. In my rearview mirror.

Sent by Siri using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #97
pain's fun, hit me again

I change my opinion. I'd rather take a 2013 V6 mustang, handles just as well as a vette but for much cheaper. And less gas.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I change my opinion. I'd rather take a 2013 V6 mustang, handles just as well as a vette but for much cheaper. And less gas.
Sarcasm is sarcasm.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #99
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm serious
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I'm serious
I'm N8

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - DD

2006 Charger R/T - Wife's DD