Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #1011
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8Dogg98 View Post
Thanks again for the tips Guy. We loved the Dana and Bellmont Park was great. We didn't actually venture into the park much and instead I took my 3 year old to see the ocean there on Mission Beach (awesome beach BTW).

We did go down to the Gaslamp district a few times and had some great food. There's a new place there called Barley Mash and the food was incredible, and it was fun to sample some local craft brews in there.

Other than that, we toured the USS Midway (awesome), we went to the SD Zoo (dumb as f**k on account of too many people... took us an hour to get into the zoo), Del Coronado was cool to see, and we checked out the Cabrillo monument. Finally, we ventured up to Carlsbad and took the kids to Legoland which was great.

All in all it was a good time hanging out with my family. I'd definitely go again and I really wish I lived in SD after spending some time there. It's so damn nice there compared to the shitty state of hockey.
No problem mang. My ex and I use to frequent SD as much as we could. I even drove down and hung out with Chris(FastDriver) while he was at Pendlton for his training.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #1012
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Nope I get it, the problem is their opinion on the subject contradicts reality and is dishonest. Generally speaking women are attracted to wealthy and powerful men, and men are attracted to beautiful women. This fact alone is why we see so many news stories about an older CEO/politician/athlete cheating on his wife with a young attractive woman. Why? Because if we're honest about male/female human nature, we realize that wealthy powerful men in the presence of attractive younger women is a dangerous combination.

Now what you said about her having value due to her attachment to the Alabama QB, this is also a dishonest assessment of the comments made by the ESPN commentator. He praised her for her beauty AND made a joke that being a quarterback at a school like Alabama likely ensures you'll have no trouble finding an attractive girlfriend. Once again, if we apply the facts about male/female human nature what he said isn't at all disrespectful/dishonest.
They're not arguing about what is, but what should be and not taking a given status as a permanent fact. There are rich and powerful men who do not cheat on their wives, it is not a universal law, only a tendency with some basis in nature. To suggest otherwise is to state that rich and powerful men have no more control over themselves than a dog. But human behavior involves considerable choice and choice is based on thought. This is where it gets interesting. Change the thinking, change the choices, change the behavior, change the world. IMO, this is not infinitely plastic, but far more flexible than a typical conservative might think.

Consider it was not all that long ago that women were regarded as something closer to property in law rather than fully autonomous human beings with equal rights under the law. That has changed, but they are right to point out this is not something they got from the conservative status quo out of the generosity of their heart.

Anyway, it's pretty much over.

The End of Men

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
They're not arguing about what is, but what should be and not taking a given status as a permanent fact. There are rich and powerful men who do not cheat on their wives, it is not a universal law, only a tendency with some basis in nature. To suggest otherwise is to state that rich and powerful men have no more control over themselves than a dog. But human behavior involves considerable choice and choice is based on thought. This is where it gets interesting. Change the thinking, change the choices, change the behavior, change the world. IMO, this is not infinitely plastic, but far more flexible than a typical conservative might think.

Consider it was not all that long ago that women were regarded as something closer to property in law rather than fully autonomous human beings with equal rights under the law. That has changed, but they are right to point out this is not something they got from the conservative status quo out of the generosity of their heart.

Anyway, it's pretty much over.

The End of Men
Yep we don't disagree here, and FWIW I didn't say that it was only rich/powerful men that cheated nor did I say that if given the chance all rich/powerful men will cheat. What I'm saying is that generally there are basic male/female inherent traits regarding sexuality and attraction. There are exceptions to every rule, but if we couldn't deal in generalities discussion would be pointless. The idea here is rather than expect men to be faithful, women should be grateful of faithful partners because of our inherent nature to be attracted to various other partners.

I read The End of Men at one time, but sadly I don't entirely agree with it simply based on the desires of each gender. The left tried to publish a report years ago proving that boys played with action figures and girls played with dolls simply because parents exposed them to what they thought each sex should play with. The fact is, in the study the girls were given boy toys and they were coddling action figures and cars, while the boys who were given dolls to play with were making them fight. They tried to prove that boys/girls will play with whatever toys they are exposed to, but failed to address the fact that boys played much more aggressively with the dolls and the girls were coddling the war and action figure toys.

Anyways... we could go on and on, but for now I'll just leave you with this

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

1995 Chrysler New Yorker - DD

2006 Charger R/T - Wife's DD
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #1014

Gee, I wonder who they are mimicking in this faux ad...

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #1015

UPR?

:banana:

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico blues, MM LCA's, MM FLSFC's, MAC UDP's, MAC o/r h-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #1016
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
UPR?

:banana:
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #1017

Niggas be like i take 2 of everything.

Sent by Siri using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0droptop View Post
Niggas be like i take 2 of everything.

Free (3)

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #1019

I ain't gonna lie, if that shit is free I'm leaving with my pockets and hands full with as much as I can carry.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #1020

Free: always brings out the trash in us all.