Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
You know, it's not a bad angle to work. Maybe we can get the domestic guys to contribute if we tell them the imports are bringing ringers
Well, FWIW we've kicked in a little scratch already. Sounds like he's gonna need a lot of scratch to get up to that level.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #32
Fast & Filthy

Thanks guys. Adam, I did ask about you guys coming out and they said no. They are letting my brother (Throttle Crazy) come because we are going to stay in his motorhome and one person from GTR but they are not allowed to take any pictures or video.

As Ben stated Motorgen.com already sponsored me and so there were Motorgen.com stickers on the car for the photo shoot. I'll take some pictures today and post them here so you can see how the car turned out. There will be three articles in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords covering my car and the event. The first will be a feature on my car, then there will be a followup article on anything that is done to my car between the photo shoot and the event and the final will be the event coverage.

The only full sponsorship I've gotten so far is from Crest Collision Center so everything else is coming out of my pocket. I'm am getting discounts for promoting the sponsors with stickers but it's still costing me. The highest cost so far is of course the suspension but I'm getting 50% off which is better than paying the $2300 that the kit normally costs. I also added a few stickers for companies that didn't sponsor me but that I have their parts on my car just to make the car look better.

Also, I might be getting full sponsorship from Vortech who will be rebuilding my supercharger. It leaks oil both internally and externally so I'm sending it in to have it serviced. They said they might be able to cover that cost but I won't know until after it's done.

The only thing I still need to get are tires and both GTR and my brother are working on that. If anyone has contacts for tires see what you can do. I need full sponsorship for them because I'm tapped out and can't afford to buy them. The rules for tires are that they can't be under a 60 UTQG and have to be DOT legal. I'm trying to get either the Nitto NT01 or the Toyo R888 which are both DOT and have wear ratings of 100. I need size 245/45/17's. Again, if anyone has a connection see if you can help me out. I will be glad to display the sponsor's sticker on my car which will be seen in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords, Eurotuner, Import Tuner, Lowrider, Modified, Super Street and Honda Tuning magazines.

I won't be doing anything to the engine to add more power for the competition. The only reason is because I maxing my combo as it is right now so to add more power I would have to change way too much and I don't have the funds to do so. Besides this is still my daily driver and I don't want to ruin that. Speaking of which while researching when I did things to the car for the feature article I realized that I built this engine over 4 years ago have over 70,000 miles on it as it sits today with the supercharger.

The only things I need to do for the engine is to rebuild the supercharger, put in a new smog pump because mine is getting noisy and then do a tune up.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Ron,

Do you have a PayPal? If not, we do.

Are you/we allowed to say anything about the Challenge yet, or is there a gag order?

Maybe we can rattle the cup a little online.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #34
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ron,

Do you have a PayPal? If not, we do.

Are you/we allowed to say anything about the Challenge yet, or is there a gag order?

Maybe we can rattle the cup a little online.
I do not have a PayPal account but if you want to do something like that you can use yours and then just write me a check as part of the sponsorship you already gave.

We're not until May 1st.