Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default Rebirth of the 5.0 Project

Just to let everyone know the lemon car is back up and making progress. Now that I am not deployed continuously and living in Lake Forrest I was able to get a group of guys from work interested and taking action. Big thank you to John for helping us get everything into my trailer and another HUGE thanks to Ben for letting us use the car.
The the team is basically made up of engineers and a mechanical designer that's the best I've seen.
We are working on the motor drivetrain first to get the car moving on it's own power. Then I will order a pre fabricated cage and fuel cell. We are leaning towards Chump car challenge vice lemons because we don't want to have to come up with some ridiculous theme and it lends itself well to transitioning to Camaro Mustang Challenge (CMC).

Stand by for updates as we make more progress.

[Vettezuki] All of the old threads and posts have been hidden. If someone has some reason they want to reference from the way back machine, you will have to ask me to effectively unhide the threads. It's not a big deal to do that. Just wanted to clean up this section as the old content is basically irrelevant.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Last edited by Vettezuki : 08-10-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #2

Welcome to my hood. I'm at Los Alisos and Trabuco. Good o see this is going to be used for something.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

Default Rebirth of the 5 0 Project

Im starting the process with a suspension upgrade...the full works..... this will be done togeather with the head and cam work
Old 09-22-2020, 02:33 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Any updates on this?
Old 09-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

I don't know about this, but Guy is balls deep into the Snake. He's come a long way and went a bit nuts with the rear-end and suspension.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I don't know about this, but Guy is balls deep into the Snake. He's come a long way and went a bit nuts with the rear-end and suspension.
I think he’s bound to the ‘must let all who participate track it’ rule. Yup.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:34 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

He put in a fat whack of cash, far more than I expected, to move it along (to say nothing of his time.) Then he got married and kind of needs to recoup some of said cash. So we're considering. Mostly I just want to see and hear it fire at least once. Beyond that I'm not so picky. But defraying his out of pocket and keeping it in Motorgen is totally possible and probably not too expensive.

It will be the world's loudest and most bizarre 450HP RX7. . . complete with blower sticking out oft he hid, cammo vinyl, a ratchet shifting top loader(!), and misc other weirdness.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:18 AM   #8
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Then he got married
Wait, what!?!?!?!?!

Guy is the marrying type.

Good for him?!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 09-26-2020, 01:05 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Wait, what!?!?!?!?!

Guy is the marrying type.

Good for him?!
Yup. He found a great match in Japan. She's here now. Haven't met her, but seems like it's working out great. We text semi-often about the Snake and our shared "dislike" of the government.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Yeah, I didn't think I was the type either. It was a rather odd story of meeting 4 years ago in Japan and Yada Yada. Married now

I didn't expect to put so much into it but with what was missing, damaged or just plain wrong tool a bit more than usual, even with my skillset. I called in a few favors to get things working right on the blower and transmission and had to piece meal the engine since nothing seemed to be matching (pushrods, rockers, studs, etc) and new grade 8 hardware wasn't exactly cheap either but anything less on the suspension would definitely break.

It's really not all that far from firing. It needs wheels because all 4 do not match, wiring, some sending units, fuel pump(s), gauges, seat(s) and probably a dozen odds and ends to the braking system.

As of now though it's a 8.8 3 link solid axle using parts from maximum motorsports, on factory coil overs, with the stock gas tank. And I have a few more tricks up my sleeve regarding the brakes...
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!