Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
Internet Tough Guy

Well, I think the Vortech/Paxton piping and ancillary equipement is nicer. The clamps that came with my procharger would bend before they clamped down hard enough to keep the 3" hoses of the end. I bought diesel truck hose clamps from a volvo/ penta dealership to fix that ($5-8 a pop).

I will admit that by the time that I walked away from the car the SC kit had many upgrades/changes.

I had less expierence then, but I will still stay clear. Leedom- honestly I think you cna go with a procharger and have no fear. If anything upgrade the metal clamps during the installation and save the heartache.

I did love the effect of the blower whine (loud as hell for prochargers) and the blow-off valve.

Vettezuki-I am also considering a forged 402 shortblock. My car is not a daily driver, but I will take the occasional weekend trip. I am leaning towards the Magnacharger because I feel it will make more power and torque for the cost. I have EPT 205 heads my understanding is that 402 like 215s or 225s. I don't think that a 402 would get me to the mid 500's.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Well, I think the Vortech/Paxton piping and ancillary equipement is nicer. The clamps that came with my procharger would bend before they clamped down hard enough to keep the 3" hoses of the end. I bought diesel truck hose clamps from a volvo/ penta dealership to fix that ($5-8 a pop).

I will admit that by the time that I walked away from the car the SC kit had many upgrades/changes.

I had less expierence then, but I will still stay clear. Leedom- honestly I think you cna go with a procharger and have no fear. If anything upgrade the metal clamps during the installation and save the heartache.

I did love the effect of the blower whine (loud as hell for prochargers) and the blow-off valve.

Vettezuki-I am also considering a forged 402 shortblock. My car is not a daily driver, but I will take the occasional weekend trip. I am leaning towards the Magnacharger because I feel it will make more power and torque for the cost. I have EPT 205 heads my understanding is that 402 like 215s or 225s. I don't think that a 402 would get me to the mid 500's.

I agree 100%. I think the supercharger will be the best bank for the buck.

Having said that though, for the amount of road racing you do a n/a motor would probably be better. Less heat and more linear power delivery.

Before sinking more money into your current Vette have you ever given thought to selling yours and picking up a used C6 Z06? I have seen low mileage C6 Z06's in the lower 50's/high 40's range in the last couple months. You'd have a dry sump oil system and with boltons and a tune could easily get over 500whp with excellent reliability.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
Internet Tough Guy

I have thought about it. I worry that I might pick one up that's been raped more than mine. Maybe I will.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #14

I'm running 18+ lbs. of boost with the D1SC and ProCharger supplied clamps and have had no hose-popping or clamp issues.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
Internet Tough Guy

^^^Cool. Maybe they upgraded the clamps. I was blowing hoses every other week until I upgradedthe clamps. I was running 16psi with a P1-SC. The clamps that came with my kit were essentially big radiator hose clamps. What came with your kit? I also had this kit back in 2001.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #16

Same hose clamps. I just make them tight...lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #17
Internet Tough Guy

They always came apart on me when I would retorque them down. If they are the same clamps then I will stand by my previous statement that I would replace the clamps pre-installation.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Psst
Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #19
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
They always came apart on me when I would retorque them down. If they are the same clamps then I will stand by my previous statement that I would replace the clamps pre-installation.
Even though they are the same style clamps does mean they are the same material they use to be made of. I’ve used cheap hose clamp for radiator hoses that came loose before. Then replaced them with stainless steel ones and had no problems.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #20
Internet Tough Guy

I replaced them with T bolt clamps.