Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
Internet Tough Guy

Leedom,
The only factory suspension pieces on my car are the sway bars and the A-arms.

I have the braus harness bar (only one crash certified) and five point harnesses that I use when racing. Due to the hoop behind the driver the silver state classic rates the c6 to 125mph with no additional safety equipement. With tha said, I definately do not feel comfortable at 165 in a turn in a stock vette. I don't think that a crash at 145 would have any different outcome though. Reducing the speed reduces the likely hood of lossing control, but a crash at those speeds would be severe even in a NASCAR cage. The has aftermarket rotors and pads, but unlike drag racing as you learn a track the difference in speed and momentum are much more extreme which requires the driver to constanly adjust braking and turn in points which changes the line.

But just like drag racing the whole purpose is to see how hard and how fast I can make it around this track (safely).
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Cars pushed this hard need to be treated a bit like air planes, inspected ever time before going out, kind of thoroughly. Brake AND clutch fluid changed regularly, blah blah blah.

There's a reason real race cars are "real" different. What the Vette can handle off the show room floor is amazing, astounding actually, but it's not quite a full tilt race car and that's the world you're going into . . . as you well know.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #13
Internet Tough Guy

Right, With that I will never ever run on chrome rims again!!!!!
It covers the cracks.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Right, With that I will never ever run on chrome rims again!!!!!
It covers the cracks.
Modern Nascars biff it hard at well over 165, and thanks to the glory of the Hans device, the driver's are so with it they can chase down and punch out the guy who ran them off the course. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #15
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Leedom,
The only factory suspension pieces on my car are the sway bars and the A-arms.

I have the braus harness bar (only one crash certified) and five point harnesses that I use when racing. Due to the hoop behind the driver the silver state classic rates the c6 to 125mph with no additional safety equipement. With tha said, I definately do not feel comfortable at 165 in a turn in a stock vette. I don't think that a crash at 145 would have any different outcome though. Reducing the speed reduces the likely hood of lossing control, but a crash at those speeds would be severe even in a NASCAR cage. The has aftermarket rotors and pads, but unlike drag racing as you learn a track the difference in speed and momentum are much more extreme which requires the driver to constanly adjust braking and turn in points which changes the line.

But just like drag racing the whole purpose is to see how hard and how fast I can make it around this track (safely).
Just so you know I was not trying to be critical of you. You have more saftey equipment/suspension upgades than I thought though (and more than most I recon). Many of my points were generalities about people not upgradeing the car as a whole. I drag race personally because I see it as cheaper and A LOT easier than having to learn a track so to speak.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

Race cars are not all that different from street cars. I pretty much only like watching racing that use models that are representative of production variants. While we are making generalizations alot of professional driver's have died at speeds much less than 165 even with safety equipment.