Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default Magazine Project Car Needed 2005-2010 Mustang V6

GTR High Performance will be doing a suspension build-up on a 2005-2010 Mustang V6...yes, it MUST be a V6, for Mustang Enthusiast Magazine (AMOS Publishing). Because this will be a suspension story, they need a Mustang that has a stock (or REALLY close to stock) suspension. Preferably a 2010, since those cars have not been featured too often. Worst case scenario, if no 2010 car is available, we can use an 05-09 Mustang V6. Because this will be featured in a nationally published and circulated magazine, it will be a sponsored project.

Here is what they have planned for this upcoming installation/how-to tech story:
Progress Lowering Sport springs
Progress Front & Rear Sway bar kits
Tokico Premium Performance shocks & struts Progress adjustable panhard bar

As you can see, the above items are all basic, but effective high performance upgrades that will still allow the car to maintain good road manners and driveability. The goal for this story is to show readers of the magazine that a high performance suspension can be built without spending a fortune and going with crazy modifications. Again, the car that is selected will receive the above items and installation at a great discount for use of their vehicle. In addition to that, the car selected will have bragging rights that it was featured in a Mustang magazine! The car does NOT have to be a "show car"...so long as it is nice looking, that is all that matters. Please no big dents, primered body panels, crushed bumpers, etc...

If you have one and are interested please PM me with your contact info.

Ron
Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
Super Moderator

My friend's got an 09? pretty sure he'd give it up for some goodies. It's black with stripes and it looks like a GT. I'll send this to him.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Fast & Filthy

Thanks Adam. I spoke to Joao and I'm having him call Ricardo at GTR. Ricardo said they didn't have a car picked yet for the article so hopefully they will pick Joao's.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Joao asked if he could borrow my Vette while they were working on his Mustang, and I think he was serious.

He asked me if it was like asking Superman to borrow his cape. I said it's more like asking Superman to borrow Lois Lane.

Where are you Joao? Post something you looney toon.

Like I would even let you drive a 700hp car. No thanks, don't feel like getting sued by your estate after you kill yourself.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . He asked me if it was like asking Superman to borrow his cape. I said it's more like asking Superman to borrow Lois Lane. . .
Lois didn't put out that much.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Lois didn't put out that much.
But she had the same attitude.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
But she had the same attitude.
Because she felt bloated with compression? They're trying to charge Joao $700? I thought this shit was supposed to be free seeing as how he's giving up his car for a few days.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Because she felt bloated with compression? They're trying to charge Joao $700? I thought this shit was supposed to be free seeing as how he's giving up his car for a few days.
They said there would be a discount. Did they give him pricing on everything? I'm curious to see why it would be so much.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Adam, don't where the free part came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Because this will be featured in a nationally published and circulated magazine, it will be a sponsored project.

Again, the car that is selected will receive the above items and installation at a great discount for use of their vehicle.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Meant to say, thought the install would be free. I did read that it would be at a discount. Joao expected it too, but didn't expect it to be that much.

I think he should have to pay for the parts at cost, and not for install. But whatever, it's his decision not mine.

You can bet your sweet ass I'll never pay for install/ labor.