Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #1

Default Kids Wagon

I want to put together a Kids wagon like this one

But I'd like something more like a trophy truck set up.
The one in the picture is $200.00 and only comes with what's in the picture.
Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to fab up? has someone here ever tried it?
This is something I plan to use a lot for the kids now and in the future for larger items as needed when needed including trips to the beach.

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001GT302 View Post
I want to put together a Kids wagon like this one

But I'd like something more like a trophy truck set up.
The one in the picture is $200.00 and only comes with what's in the picture.
Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to fab up? has someone here ever tried it?
This is something I plan to use a lot for the kids now and in the future for larger items as needed when needed including trips to the beach.
How are your fabrication skills? Do you have metal saws, Mig or Tig welder, etc. There's nothing in the pic terribly complex. In fact, if you alter the handle, you don't even need a bender it looks like. HOWEVER, there are a lot of angles in there and it would be pretty tedious to setup accurately. Production of these kind sof things are done with jigs. All the time goes into setting up the jig (potentially days), then banging them out ain't so hard at all. Doing a one off with clamps would require a lot of patience. Unless you just have a burning desire to do one yourself, and you have the tools/time, if there's one close to what you want for $200(!!) that's a slam dunk economic calculation for me.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
How are your fabrication skills? Do you have metal saws, Mig or Tig welder, etc. There's nothing in the pic terribly complex. In fact, if you alter the handle, you don't even need a bender it looks like. HOWEVER, there are a lot of angles in there and it would be pretty tedious to setup accurately. Production of these kind sof things are done with jigs. All the time goes into setting up the jig (potentially days), then banging them out ain't so hard at all. Doing a one off with clamps would require a lot of patience. Unless you just have a burning desire to do one yourself, and you have the tools/time, if there's one close to what you want for $200(!!) that's a slam dunk economic calculation for me.
After a little research buying is the way to go... I designed and will build the top half out of wood and buy the bottom from bajawagons.com.

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD