Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Dome light in Sierra doens't go off

Well, I fixed my ignition problem, it was just the contorl module on the coil.

Now, the dome (cabin) light doesn't go off. I don't think it's the door switch cuz the cabin lights on the floor go off. The switch (on the dial) to turn on/off the cabin lights also works the floor lights fine. Any ideas? Is there a separate timer for the dome cabin light?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Oh, 1996 GMC Sierra S1500

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Is there an always on switch on the dome light itself?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Is there an always on switch on the dome light itself?
No. But there is a Dome Light Off switch on the panel below the light controls. I'll be damned if I know what exactly it's supposed to do because it doesn't apparently do anything. I guess I'll have to break out the owner's manual. I never paid attention to it because it wasn't a problem before. Now I'mma think'n that was the . . err, dome light switch, and before for whatever reasons was stuck off and now it's stuck on.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a moron. I didn't realize it, but there was just a push button next to the light, not super obvious, but right there. Doh!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)