Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-23-2015, 10:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Nate, you're a little bit slower than Ron's Chevelle in the quarter, but not by much. Given that you take it to track days, high speed runs as well as cruises on public roads, I'd say it's the overall fastest street car on Motorgen. Ron's Cobra is (or at least was) the most heavily used fast street car. Hauling kids, entertainment system, still ran 11s and was the fastest track car at that Go-Kart track!
Thats why Ive always loved Corvettes. They seem to do so many things well..except for hauling kids. Lol. Its a fun car. Still got a ton of power on the table with this setup tho. Stock heads, stock intake and the cam isnt the best for boost. I just put on bigger 1 7/8 headers but havent tuned for them yet. Also I still gotta finish my return style fuel system and Im hoping to upgrade to a ysi blower soon. I think I really should get that roll bar now.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Well, if you're a daddy you have fundamental responsibilities, like trying not getting yourself killed n' stuff.

What is your current build? How many pounds of boost? Are you running 91? Are those the L92 heads?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-23-2015, 10:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Well, if you're a daddy you have fundamental responsibilities, like trying not getting yourself killed n' stuff.

What is your current build? How many pounds of boost? Are you running 91? Are those the L92 heads?
True, Ethan needs his poppa lol
Its a forged piston and rods LS3, stock crank, displacement and cr. Stock LS3 heads with upgraded valvesprings. 11psi on e85.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:42 AM   #14
I, Vettezuki

It's the most important job you'll ever have.

Intercooled? What problem do the upgraded springs address?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #15

Quote:

Intercooled? What problem do the upgraded springs address?
Yup, nice big intercooler up front. GM springs suck and dont handle bigger cams very well. I got double springs with much higher pressures to handle the lift and valve control. Cam is a 231/236 114lsa, .644/.614 lift
Old 02-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Natie View Post
Yup, nice big intercooler up front. GM springs suck and dont handle bigger cams very well. I got double springs with much higher pressures to handle the lift and valve control. Cam is a 231/236 114lsa, .644/.614 lift
Did that cam pass smog?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-24-2015, 04:52 PM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
lies
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Did that cam pass smog?
Umm, sure lol.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Natie View Post
Umm, sure lol.
Kinda figured. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #20

Already working on upgrading from the V2-si to a V7-ysi, 15-20psi. See what she does.

Motivation here, very similar build to mine,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycsNudVQGE