Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default New Ford GT

This means there will be two genuine American production hyper-cars in 2017, the C8 Vette and the Ford GT. Best time for cars ever. No comparison.

http://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook...-gt-supercar#1

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-15-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Looks sorta like a Mclaren, but still sexy as fuck.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
Fast & Filthy

I like it a lot but I wish they would have put a twin turbo V8 in it. A V6 GT40 is just wrong.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I like it a lot but I wish they would have put a twin turbo V8 in it. A V6 GT40 is just wrong.
They are going for ultra crazy light weight I think, if I read it right. The Vette is going to have a TT V8 for the big dog, and probably quite a bit more powerful, but also some TTV6.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Graphics B*tch

Yes please!

They were going for best power-to-weight ratio but I agree with Ron... TT V8 (TT the V8 from the GT350!)

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

That is dead sexy in that paint.

As for V8TT, 'Murika!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

If Ford keeps it around for more than a year I'd bet it gets a v8
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Given emissions and fuel requirements, I doubt they could pull it off, but a >600HP NA V8 would da shit.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #9
Fast & Filthy

They won't make emissions with a 600hp NA V8 but they could with a twin turbo one.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Given emissions and fuel requirements, I doubt they could pull it off, but a >600HP NA V8 would da shit.
Ecoboost V8 with variable cylinder selection. Winning.

Stopping the world!