Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
Neanderthal

Joe...I have your back.....
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
The Dart block is a pushrod block. Going in the 68. Not sure whether I'll put a forged shortblock in or just replace it with a stock one and sell it.
I thought you had an all forged shortblock for the sd197 too. Guess I remember wrong. If you did sell, how much like it is?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I thought you had an all forged shortblock for the sd197 too. Guess I remember wrong. If you did sell, how much like it is?
I did. Like a dumbass, I sold it about 3 months ago along with a twin turbo kit.

I don't know, but I probably wouldn't sell it the way it sits. People would expect too much of a discount.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

Does it still have the blower on it? I do miss the ex's s197 and was thinking about getting another. Would be prime time for some h beam rods stuffed in a teksid block.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Does it still have the blower on it? I do miss the ex's s197 and was thinking about getting another. Would be prime time for some h beam rods stuffed in a teksid block.
Yeah, it still has the Roushcharger.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Damn, sorry man, that blows. Can you reuse most of the internals in a new block? Have you taken it apart yet? What were you doing btw?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Damn, sorry man, that blows. Can you reuse most of the internals in a new block? Have you taken it apart yet? What were you doing btw?
I won't be re-using any if the internals. I just have to decide whether to go forged and keep it or go stock and sell it.

I was fucking around. Missed a shift, bounced it off the rev limiter (which I had set too high). Then did another pull and I think I was slow when I speed-shifted. I'm sure I hit the rev limiter again. As soon as I shifted, it popped.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

Probably lost a rod, which means the crank is trashed. Those 3v rods are an engineering marvel

Stopping the world!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Probably lost a rod, which means the crank is trashed. Those 3v rods are an engineering marvel
I'm sure that's what happened. I abused it one too many times.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
Internet Tough Guy

Man I'm super sorry to hear about your motor. That sound shitty. I would fix it and keep it too many memories of kicking ass.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter